This Page

has been moved to new address

Krakow - The Apartment...

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
For the easily distracted...: Krakow - The Apartment...

This Page

has been moved to new address

Krakow - The Apartment...

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
For the easily distracted...: Krakow - The Apartment...

Tuesday, 26 October 2010

Krakow - The Apartment...

With so many photos to share with you, I didn't really know where to start with blogging about Krakow, but I decided to start where we started - the apartment!

Finding this apartment was the best thing that happened to us for this holiday - it was cheap, massive and so central to Krakow - situated bang in the middle of the Old Town and Kazimierz - the Jewish area of the city. It was the perfect mixture of old character with modern features and despite the 6 flights of stairs to get to our floor, it was the perfect base to start and return to every day.

Our street and building - the only pink building on the road.

The living room...

Kitchen...

Bathroom...

Our bedroom...

The apartment was full of lovely features like vintage suitcases and amazing chandeliers which completely enhanced our stay there!

My favouite part though was the guest book that all the previous guests had written in with suggestions for restaurants, bars, days out, which buses to catch etc... a wonderful read for when you have no idea where to start!

If anyone is interested in staying in Krakow and looking into this apartment (its not ours, we rented it, I can send you the link) then drop me an email!

Labels: , , ,

24 Comments:

Blogger Claire Kiefer said...

What a lovely home base! Now that I think about it, a guest book for restaurant, etc. suggestions is an ingenious idea. They should have those everywhere!

26 October 2010 at 14:27  
Blogger clare @ the pretty walrus said...

aww that looks so great!

26 October 2010 at 14:29  
Blogger ilene @ muchloveilly said...

love all the details of your home! love the vintage suitcase - and the layout of everything in your apt.

thanks for sharing! happy tuesday!

26 October 2010 at 14:33  
Blogger Sam Harvey said...

6 flights of stairs! You really found a treasure! I love the sink and painting in the kitchen! Thanks for taking me with you.

26 October 2010 at 15:03  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

What a darling apartment?! I'd love to stay there, but I think Prague is next on our list.

26 October 2010 at 15:40  
Blogger jenny stardust said...

such a nice apartment! love the piano too! looking forward to your travel pictures!

26 October 2010 at 16:55  
Blogger Emily's Moose - Karolina Kubikowska said...

I'm so glad you're enjoying your stay in Poland! Have a great time darling :)

<3
K

26 October 2010 at 18:33  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh this flat is such a treasure! How precious is it to have a PIANO in the living room?! And the guest book also sounds like a delight. I'll definitely get back at you if I ever go to Krakow.

26 October 2010 at 18:38  
Blogger Teach.Workout.Love said...

Love ur apartment!

26 October 2010 at 19:23  
Anonymous GeeGee said...

that is so lovely, I couldnt picture it from your descriptions - I love the shadows of the chandelier on the wall!

26 October 2010 at 19:59  
Blogger Micaela said...

oh my goodness, I WANT TO LIVE THERE!!!

the vintage suitcase, the sweet art in that cute kitchen, the coat hook, the outside... beautiful! what an amazing getaway -- i can't wait to see the rest of your adventure xoxo

26 October 2010 at 21:22  
Blogger thegirlhassparke said...

That apartment is gorgeous! I love that it is pink. I think it is such a great idea when apartments and B&BS have guest books.

27 October 2010 at 01:08  
Blogger mysterymoor said...

This looks great! And the guestbook idea is absolutely amazing.

27 October 2010 at 01:13  
Blogger Alyssa said...

love!!! it looks like a home away from home!!!

27 October 2010 at 06:31  
Blogger Alyssa said...

oh and a piano in the room - brilliant!!!!

27 October 2010 at 06:32  
Blogger hgh said...

Oh wow, the apartment looks gorgeous! The book made by the previous visitors is a great idea as well, makes it seem a bit more like you're visiting a friend in the country rather than staying at a hotel :)

27 October 2010 at 07:18  
Anonymous Lolo said...

What a beautiful apartment!

www.loloholmes.tumblr.com

27 October 2010 at 08:23  
Blogger Sara said...

wow! I love it!!

27 October 2010 at 10:09  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How lovely! Not got any pennies for holidays at the moment but will have to bare that in mind!

27 October 2010 at 10:27  
Blogger April said...

Looks great! What fun!

27 October 2010 at 12:25  
Blogger Erin {pughs' news} said...

Ooh, it looks just lovely. My best friend lived in Poland for several years and I always wished I'd been to visit her there. Now she's in France... Not too shabby! I've been once already to see her, and definitely will be back.

27 October 2010 at 21:20  
Blogger Adele said...

so cosy! i much prefer living in rented apartments like this on holidays...so much nicer than hotels in my opinion! glad you had fun, love! xo

28 October 2010 at 14:51  
Blogger Eadaoin said...

What a great find! Nice work :) It looks like a fab place to stay! Plus I love the idea of staying in an apartment instead of a hotel, you're so much freer there! Also the guest book sounds like a fantastic frist hand experience resource, better than any guide book I bet!

28 October 2010 at 21:52  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

that bathroom = dreamy!

30 October 2010 at 04:36  

Post a Comment

I love love love getting comments! Have a wonderful day and thanks for reading.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home