This Page

has been moved to new address

My name is Clare and I am easily distracted...

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
For the easily distracted...: My name is Clare and I am easily distracted...

This Page

has been moved to new address

My name is Clare and I am easily distracted...

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
For the easily distracted...: My name is Clare and I am easily distracted...

Wednesday, 20 October 2010

My name is Clare and I am easily distracted...

Hi! My name is Clare and I write at Pampelmuse and Me. I get easily distracted. Limiting the list of things that I get distracted by to one or two, or even a handful, is difficult. I love my camera and get distracted by light and shadows. I find myself stopping and gazing at the way a branch reaches over a fence, or the arrangement of fruit in a bowl. My eyes see beautiful photographs waiting to be taken everywhere and this distracts me. I also like 2nd hand bookshops, making things, receiving letters in the mail and shopping...



31/365 : Bench






Perhaps the better question is what do I get distracted from? This, unfortunately, is easy. Sport, running, keeping fit and maintaining my body in an equilibrium where both it and I are happy. This takes second fiddle to my camera and my crafty pursuits. But this autumn I've decided to do something about it. You see, I want boots. Brown boots with a bit of attitude, perhaps something like this.






But I can't really justify just "buying" them just like that, so I've decided that I must earn them. Yep, I'm treating myself like a kid and have designed my own good behaviour 'score card' - only I'm calling it my "Not to be Distracted" card. Everytime I go to the gym, 10 euro goes toward my beautiful boots. Everytime I run, it's 20 euro.






Over the weekend I ran twice and went to the gym once. I'm embarrassed to admit that this works so well on me. But there you go, the 'carrot' is always better than the 'stick' in my book and in a couple of weeks I'm going to be sporting (sic) some lovely new boots.

Clare

Labels:

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those photos are beyond magic and leave speechless! Amazing.

20 October 2010 at 10:29  
Blogger Sarah Knight said...

I'm easily distracted too - ha!
Love that shot of the leaf on the bench, just sublime!

20 October 2010 at 12:04  
Blogger michelle said...

i like your method for incentive! i am going to try that too!

20 October 2010 at 15:05  
Blogger Anika said...

I love this idea! I work on the reward system too but never thought about putting money aside like that for an award. Great!!

PS-love the boots

20 October 2010 at 17:59  
Blogger evelyn said...

i miss taking photographs very much :(
i blame school for not lettin me.

hey rhianne im trying to help my very good friend in getting a bit of more followers for his art blog
maybe you'll like to stop by and support his blog by followin. thx! ^_^

http://theoldlight.blogspot.com/

20 October 2010 at 20:46  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

Haha, good work with the self-bribe. I do exactly the same thing too, and good choice on the boots. They are perfect.

20 October 2010 at 23:17  
Anonymous allyn said...

oh my. i do adore the score card for treats. such a fantastic idea. i so need the extra motivation on these colder days. yay for great ideas + guest posts. thanks!

20 October 2010 at 23:37  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

what an amazing way to motivate yourself to work out! i may have to try this so i'll feel less guilty about shopping if i feel i earned it!

21 October 2010 at 02:18  
Blogger Jamie said...

What a brilliant idea! I need a little motivation myself right now. I've let myself get out of the working out habit thanks to a crazy work schedule. Now that it has settled down again I need to get back on track.

21 October 2010 at 21:42  

Post a Comment

I love love love getting comments! Have a wonderful day and thanks for reading.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home