This Page

has been moved to new address

More Manchester LCA photos...

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
For the easily distracted...: More Manchester LCA photos...

This Page

has been moved to new address

More Manchester LCA photos...

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
For the easily distracted...: More Manchester LCA photos...

Thursday, 26 May 2011

More Manchester LCA photos...

The more I look at these photos, the sadder I get that the LC-A I used was just a loaner camera and that I had to give it back...

I wasn't sure what I was expecting from this camera but when I first saw the photos I was a little underwhelmed by them: it's easy to get caught up in the hype of something and I wonder if perhaps I was expecting a little too much from it.

Photo06_6Photo10_10Photo16_16Photo13_13Photo18_18Photo17_17Photo26_26Photo07_7

However looking at the photos again, more and more details start to pop out that I wouldn't expect to see from my other Lomography cameras and I'm still so impressed by the colours, the contrast balance and delicacy it has with its multiple exposures.

The LC-A has an understated excellence to it and I can imagine with more use I would learn more about its individual charms and I can start to see why people love this camera so much. This camera is definitely going on my christmas list! (and I'm pretty sure it will be worth the rather hefty price tag too).

You can see the entire film of photos here.

Location: Manchester, England
Camera: LC-A (Loaned to me by Lomography for the afternoon)
Film: Cross processed Lomography Xpro Chrome ISO 100

Labels: , , , , ,

13 Comments:

Blogger Megan said...

I really love how simple but vibrant they are! That first picture with the the such blue sky and white clouds is really stunning.

26 May 2011 at 10:38  
Blogger daisychain said...

I love how defined these are x

26 May 2011 at 11:24  
Blogger Franca said...

these are wonderful! I don't know much about lomo, but they do have a special depth to them!

26 May 2011 at 11:25  
Blogger Thelma Frayne said...

Such cool photos- you make it look like a different city!

26 May 2011 at 14:04  
Blogger sweet harvest moon said...

These are so great!

http://sweetharvestmoon.blogspot.com

26 May 2011 at 18:16  
Blogger Diana said...

Seriously thinking of getting the LC A. These are gorgeous photos, Rhianne.

26 May 2011 at 18:45  
Blogger emily said...

that second photo looks just like the chinatown gate in dc! so neat!

26 May 2011 at 18:49  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOVELY photos! i love the third one :)

26 May 2011 at 19:03  
Blogger BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

Those images are flat out beautiful lady!

27 May 2011 at 05:07  
Blogger Gracie said...

The colours are amazing and vibrant. I quite adore that first pictures. Something about the angle, the clouds and street light. Beautiful.

27 May 2011 at 08:50  
Blogger elle :: dare my wild heart said...

You're totally right, there is a lot of hype surrounding the LC-A. I mean, it was the camera that got Lomography started. It's more expensive than other lomo cameras, but it's a lot sturdier. It's not really a toy camera at all.

Personally, I love this little camera, and usually have it in my handbag wherever I go. It's great for documenting the beautiful things in everyday life.

It's the lens that makes it special, the contrast, the colours, the distinctive LC-A look.

I think that with anything, practice makes perfect. As you get used to the camera and what it can do, your photos get more amazing. Take Lomokev for example... I cannot believe how consistently incredible his LC-A photos are.

OK, that was the longest blog comment I've ever left. Signing off now.

Elle x

28 May 2011 at 07:38  
Blogger Angie Muldowney said...

Oh but i LOVE these photos - i especially like the double-exposure ones, i've not tried that with my LC-A but I want to now!

2 June 2011 at 19:54  
Blogger Joy said...

Wow. These are so lovely!!! Thanks for sharing.

4 June 2011 at 11:50  

Post a Comment

I love love love getting comments! Have a wonderful day and thanks for reading.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home