This Page

has been moved to new address

Belfast in Black and White... Part 2.

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
For the easily distracted...: Belfast in Black and White... Part 2.

This Page

has been moved to new address

Belfast in Black and White... Part 2.

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
For the easily distracted...: Belfast in Black and White... Part 2.

Wednesday, 2 November 2011

Belfast in Black and White... Part 2.

As well as exploring the city of Belfast, we also looked around the murals and learnt more about the area where one of my friends grew up. I spent most of my childhood living in the middle of no where, so I was intrigued by the contrasts of her city youth, as well as the history of The Troubles and what it was like to grow up during that time.

Photo06_6 Photo08_8
 {a rainbow in black and white, I was intrigued to see if it would be gradient, can you just see it?} 

Photo11_11 Photo09_9 Photo10_10 Photo07_7 Photo23_23

 We were also incredibly lucky to stay with my friends family and I have to say that they were just wonderful, the weekend was just what I needed, lots of laughing, chatting and wine.

Location: Belfast, Northern Ireland
Film: Ilford XP2 ISO 400
Camera: La Sardina Sea Pride

p.s. there's bikes on my skirt. its amazing.



Labels: , ,

11 Comments:

Blogger Claire Sun said...

beautiful pictures rhianne!!
i think i really wanna move to UK :D for real!

2 November 2011 at 16:19  
Blogger Unknown said...

I love these pictures, probably because I love black and white film and love belfast.

The first photo has to be my favourite it is so atmospheric. I went there before I got my SLR and think I will have to return to capture the murals properly.

2 November 2011 at 17:01  
Blogger mysterymoor said...

I love these, especially the first one. I have always been very intrigued by Belfast and the Northern Irish conflict, would love to visit sometime and see all the grafitti.

2 November 2011 at 18:27  
Blogger Merette said...

Ow I love Belfast and your pictures. My few days there really made an impact on me since I come from the love between a catholic woman and protestant man! It was truly special seeing the murals.

2 November 2011 at 20:30  
Blogger Becs said...

Awesome shots, love the black and white - and especially love the subtle rainbow and your bicycle skirt. :)

2 November 2011 at 21:32  
Blogger Helena said...

great photos!

2 November 2011 at 21:56  
Anonymous GeeGee said...

soooo glad the rainbow came out, and I am SO proud that I didnt steal that skirt over the weekend whilst you were otherwise engaged with the aforementioned family and wine. Fence one still favourite

2 November 2011 at 23:06  
Blogger Melissa at bubbyandbean.com said...

GORGEOUS photographs! I've always wanted to go to Belfast. You did an amazing job capturing your experience there!

xo,
melissa

3 November 2011 at 06:47  
Blogger White Rabbit said...

As someone who was born, grew up in and still lives in Belfast it's so odd yet to great to see people actually express an interest in visiting! For so long people assumed we were a war zone so it's always lovely to have tourists.

3 November 2011 at 08:54  
Blogger Anna @ IHOD said...

I have always wanted to go to Ireland. My brother lived there for a few years and got to relay the culture pretty well. These are fantastic images Rhianne!

3 November 2011 at 20:09  
Blogger Laura said...

ooh where's the skirt from? i need new clothes!

4 November 2011 at 17:53  

Post a Comment

I love love love getting comments! Have a wonderful day and thanks for reading.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home