This Page

has been moved to new address

Dearest blogging world...

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
For the easily distracted...: Dearest blogging world...

This Page

has been moved to new address

Dearest blogging world...

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
For the easily distracted...: Dearest blogging world...

Friday, 15 January 2010

Dearest blogging world...

You are amazing!

But sometimes I bite off more than I can chew.

Before Christmas I was completely overwhelmed with blogging - the constant 800+ in my reader despite how much I read, the huge number of comments that I hadn't replied too, the followers blogs that I hadn't looked at or commented on...

...and although I was energised and ready to sort this head on once I got back - being sick has once again left me totally overwhelmed and I honestly feel so stressed.

I want to reply to everyones comments, I want to look at all my followers blogs but these things take time and time is something that I seem to have less and less of.

So... I'm clearing out my reader, the blogs I follow and my head - too many blogs that I don't really read properly are taking away my time from the ones I love and taking time away from enjoying my own blog (and the photoswap, I haven't forgotten about it...) which really is why I'm here.

Being a good blogger is incredibly hard work and I want to be a great blogger - not a good blog skimmer and I want to enjoy blogging again. So bear with me for a while whilst I clear out all the cobwebs and hopefully my blog, my shop (which I have woefully abandoned for a while) and I will be ready to face 2010 properly!

Thank you again for being so patient with me, I am still amazed by all the lovely comments I get and amazing followers that I have :)

love Rhianne

Labels: , ,

33 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heh... I think many of us face the same problems, I also have so many things backed up I have yet to read!

15 January 2010 at 13:41  
Blogger Red Boots said...

Oh Rhianne! I feel exactly the same way! I have become so overwhelmed with blogging, and feel like such a bad blogger, that I've been cleaning up my blog list, taking away the ones I don't read (although I wish I could) and the ones I only skim through. I feel bad but it's the only way I can get some control on it. Honestly I leave google reader for 24 hours and I've got 1000+ blogs to read and not a clue where to begin! I'm so glad I'm not the only one that's been feeling this way! xx

15 January 2010 at 13:44  
Blogger thegirlhassparke said...

I definately think this is a problem we all have, I only have a little blog so I cant imagine what it is like for you. Just do the best you can.

15 January 2010 at 13:54  
Blogger aaaa said...

yeah, same problems here even if i don't get too many followers or commets! it's ok sweetheart, it's gonna be ok :) don't worry about that.. at least for me..

love

15 January 2010 at 13:56  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is hard trying to follow a lot of people because you feel you need to read their posts and comment where necessary.

I had to clear my reader a few months ago as I had so many subscriptions and didn't have the time to read all the posts let alone comment on the ones I liked.

15 January 2010 at 14:05  
Blogger Laura Trevey said...

I agree... You need to "clean up shop" every once in a while, so you can move forward in a successful way!

Good for you :)
Have a wonderful weekend ~~
xoxo

15 January 2010 at 14:16  
Blogger Sara said...

I think I should do a bit of reader cleaning as well...!

15 January 2010 at 14:52  
Blogger Courtney Jane said...

Just like you should purge your closest, so should you your virtual world.

Let's face it.

This entire world we are a part of should be effortless and fun.

if not, we've defeated the point entirely.

15 January 2010 at 15:24  
Blogger Courtney said...

You clearly invest a lot into your own blog, and I appreciate your thoughtful and creative posts. Good luck clearing those cobwebs, and thank you for your all of the inspiration you've provided!

15 January 2010 at 15:32  
Blogger Shelley said...

i've done a bit of cleaning house in the blogosphere myself... sometimes we just need to make room for what is important!

i just wanted to let you know that i've tagged you for the kreativ blogger award award on my blog - pop over when you get a chance to claim it.

glad you're feeling better!

15 January 2010 at 15:43  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i completley understand what you mean! i told sean yesterday that i sometimes feel like it is a full time job, one that i love for sure, but on top of everything else, it gets so easy to get behind!

15 January 2010 at 16:07  
Blogger White Rabbit said...

Don't worry Rhianne. It's IMPOSSIBLE to follow all your followers and comment regularly. Real life gets in the way and sometimes there is just not enough time. Hope you can post regularly again soon!

15 January 2010 at 16:08  
Blogger Yelena R. said...

You know, I did exactly the same thing a few days ago! Sometimes it gets too overwhelming and you just have to set your priorities straight!
Hope you've fully recovered :)

15 January 2010 at 16:22  
Blogger Emma Lavelle said...

Oh i know the feeling! My reader desperately needs a spring clean and sometimes its a week later when i get the chance to reply to comments!I dont know how people like susie bubble and remi toast cope!
xxx

15 January 2010 at 16:28  
Blogger M.M.E. said...

Sometimes I think I'm a bit of a jerk for being so selective over who I actually follow. But that's the only way to say sane. After all, it does no one any good if everyone follows everyone but they don't read their blogs or actually like what they write. Good luck with the cleaning!

15 January 2010 at 16:34  
Blogger buhdoop said...

I completely understand. You are an amazing blogger and bring a smile to my face when I read your blog. Clean away :)

15 January 2010 at 16:35  
Blogger Nicole said...

Good luck clearing out your reader. Beware of crazies though. I stopped following this one blog because it had become something I was no longer interested in. The girl e-mailed me because she was afraid she had made me mad or something. So hopefully you won't have any crazy people that freak out when you stop following.

15 January 2010 at 16:57  
Blogger Meg said...

It gets so overwhelming! I hardly read any blogs over Christmas break because of my parents' wonky internet and came back to 1000+ in my reader. Cue "mark all as read." Hope you get it to a more enjoyable level!

15 January 2010 at 17:27  
Blogger Jenni said...

This is so sincere and sweet. Just made me love you all the more. And you are already a GREAT blogger, regardless of if you comment back on each and every blog that writes you a comment. Don't get down dear sweet one - you are fabulous and I will definitely keep you on my reader, even if you delete me from yours.

15 January 2010 at 18:28  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

it's a very good idea actually. i feel the same way. thanks for the heads up :)

15 January 2010 at 19:47  
Blogger Carrie said...

I think we all get a bit overwhelmed sometimes! No worries, dear. We'll wait around as long as neccessary. ;)

15 January 2010 at 20:54  
Blogger {andthisiswhatshesaid} said...

Smart :)

15 January 2010 at 21:41  
Blogger Unknown said...

Good on you girl :) I know exactly what you mean, its really thoughtful of you to post explaining how you feel! Youre a fab blogger, much love ♥

15 January 2010 at 22:18  
Blogger AmyK said...

That's secretly why I'm glad nobody likes my blog; having that many readers and blogs to read is a LOT of work!

15 January 2010 at 22:32  
Blogger kimbirdy said...

No worries! Do what you need to in order to take care of you! That's definitely the most important. Our culture doesn't really teach us how necessary this is, so people end up feeling selfish and then they neglect their own sanity. Being emotionally healthy is, in my opinion, way more important than physical health. So go take a blogcation! :)

15 January 2010 at 23:00  
Blogger Lise said...

Oh Rhianne you are such a kind-hearted person and it always shines through in your posting!

I think you girls who have the big blogs do an amazing job and we don't expect you to always keep on top of all your followers blogs or even your own comments. We follow you because we love to read your posts. Definitely take a break to cleanse so that you can get back to enjoying the fun side of blogging which you do so well.

16 January 2010 at 06:56  
Blogger Courtney Hope said...

Oh hon, you've got a lot going on, huh? Well, I tagged you before I read your post, so no worries whatsoever... but if you are interested, just wanted to let you know I've got a quippy little award waiting for you over at my blog.

Hope your reader and head clears out a bit :)

16 January 2010 at 17:48  
Blogger Spare Thoughts said...

new year - new start. Work out what is important to you.

16 January 2010 at 21:11  
Blogger BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

It can get overwhelming...I know. But hang in there...You'll find your balance!

17 January 2010 at 03:09  
Blogger Cassie said...

No worries Rhianne! This blogging world should surely be something you enjoy rather than something you dread tackling. So I am sure everyone completely understands. Since Christmas it is something I feel I keep on top of at the beginning of the week and set out with good intentions and then by the end of the week I am behind again so we all sympathise xx

17 January 2010 at 11:06  
Blogger Melissa A said...

I understand what you mean Rhianne. I've gotten a little blogged down myself. I have been trying to clean out the reader, but it is so hard to decide sometimes what to delete. When you start to have more readers and followers you just can't get around to everyone. Maybe you should do like Holly from Decor8 does and answer most of your comments in the comments section of your posts where others leave comments. That way you can give responses and probably take more of your time back. She also says that she limits herself to reading only 5 blogs per day and she has a pretty busy blog. Anyway, just a few tibits for you. I think most readers will still follow and read and you don't have to worry about getting back to all of them. Happy Cleaning!

18 January 2010 at 05:38  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lol well done you! The same thing happened to me and I had to clear off so many of the blogs I was following, and concentrate on the ones I always wanted to read. Then I replied to all my comments which still put me in touch with other blogs that weren't on my list!
You'll feel so much better now!

18 January 2010 at 15:04  
Anonymous Marisa said...

i completely relate and I think that spending more quality time on the blogs that are you favorites.
xoxo

18 January 2010 at 16:16  

Post a Comment

I love love love getting comments! Have a wonderful day and thanks for reading.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home