This Page

has been moved to new address

Film vs digital quiz...

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
For the easily distracted...: Film vs digital quiz...

This Page

has been moved to new address

Film vs digital quiz...

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
For the easily distracted...: Film vs digital quiz...

Thursday, 3 November 2011

Film vs digital quiz...

When I posted some of the photos that I took in Paris with my Yashica Samurai and the portra film, a few commenters were surprised by the quality of the photos that came from the SLR and professional film... so I thought I would have a little fun with you and put together a little quiz to see if people could really see the difference from quality film and digital photos..

So here goes, each set of photos has a digital photo Thomas and a film photo by Me from Paris but which side is the film and which side is the digital?


Set 1 - The Sacre Couer


Set 2 - Seine State along the river


Set 3 - Elephant outside the Musee D'Orsay

Set 4 - Arc de Triomphe detail 

 Set 5 - Inside the entrance of the Moulin Rouge.

If you click on the images it should show them bigger for more detail.

I would love to see your answers in the comments and I'm really intrigued to see how people will do, a couple of these look quite tough to me...

I'll post the answers next week, I want to try and get as many people to try this as possible so feel free to share the link with your friends :) and
good luck!!

p.s. Out of all our photos, these were the most similar that we took - 5 sets out of over 1500 photos. I still love seeing our photos next to each other, as even though they are the same subject they are still so different.
(apart from maybe the elephant one lol. I'm not even sure how that happened haha)


Labels: , , ,

24 Comments:

Blogger Kit said...

ok, this is a complete guess cos I don't have much experience with different cameras and films (i only have a diana mini) but here goes:

Set 1: digital; film
Set 2: digital; film
Set 3: digital; film
Set 4: film; digital
Set 5: film; digital

Clever idea!

3 November 2011 at 09:59  
Blogger Esther said...

Boy, that is not so easy! But I'm giving it a try:
Set 1: right film, left digital
Set 2: right film, left digital
Set 3: right digital, left film
Set 4: right film, left digital
Set 5: right digital, left film

(And about the elephant: great minds obviously think alike :-))

3 November 2011 at 10:01  
Blogger ktpland said...

great idea! i think it's:
1. digital, film
2. film, digital
3. film, digital
4. film, digital
5.film, digital
Hope I've got at least one right!

3 November 2011 at 11:15  
Blogger Jazzy E (Hivenn) said...

So i'm thinkin'
1) digital, film
2) digital, film
3) digital, film
4) film, digital
5) film, digital
xx

3 November 2011 at 11:31  
Blogger Angel said...

film - digi
digi - film
digi - film
digi - film
digi - film

3 November 2011 at 12:23  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

1) film | digital
2) digital | film
3) digital | film
4) film | digital
5) film | digital

:D Great idea!

3 November 2011 at 13:15  
Anonymous Shokoofeh said...

set1: film-digital
set2: digital-film
set3: digital-film
set4: film-digital
set5: digital-film

:D

3 November 2011 at 13:20  
Anonymous Michelle said...

1. Film - Digital
2. Digital - Film
3. Digital - Film
4. Film - Digital
5. Digital - Film

Thats my 2 pennies worth!!
If I'm wrong someone should make me start my degree from the beginning again! haha!!

x

3 November 2011 at 14:34  
Blogger michelle said...

1) film, digital
2) digital, film
3) digital, film
4) film, digital
5) digital, film

3 November 2011 at 14:40  
Blogger Carolina Andrade said...

Oooh, i like this game. here goes:

1. digital:film
2. digital:film
3. film:digital
4. film:digital
5. film:digital

3 November 2011 at 16:44  
Blogger Courtney said...

1500 photos?? Holy cow! I often have two- three different cameras and shots of various things from each.

3 November 2011 at 19:43  
Anonymous GeeGee said...

Im going to try again since I did so miserably on the test version of this post
>:-/ <---concentrating face.

1 digital, film
2 digital film
3 film digital
4 film digital
5 digital film

I havent looked at my previous guesses so I dont know if Ive just said the same thing BUT I hope the film training I just had may have been beneficial somehow!

3 November 2011 at 19:46  
Blogger Little queue said...

This was surprising really hard but anyway here are my guesses:

Set 1: Film; Digital
Set 2: Digital; Film
Set 3: Digital; Film
Set 4: Film; Digital
Set 5: Digital; Film

4 November 2011 at 02:57  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

#1 film/digital
#2 film/digital
#3 digital/film
#4 digital/film
#5 digital/film

interesting test. i based my answers on noise, though i admit it was difficult to distinguish in most!

4 November 2011 at 05:02  
Blogger Cesar said...

1 Film - Digital
2 Digital - film
3 film - digital
4 film - digital
5 film - digital

4 November 2011 at 09:16  
Blogger milk&miel said...

Left, Right, Right, Left, Left?

It's wonderful to see the sets of photos together! :-)

4 November 2011 at 10:17  
Anonymous Welland said...

Digital Film
Digital Film
Digital Film
Film Digital
Film Digital

4 November 2011 at 12:02  
Blogger Katerina said...

pretty tricky for a novice like me but i'll take a wild stab in the dark...
set 1 - digi/film
set 2 - digi/film
set 3 - digi/ film
set 4 - film/digi
set 5 - digi / film

Cant wait till next week to see how I went :)

4 November 2011 at 12:33  
Blogger InĂªs Seabra said...

set1 - film | digital
set2 - digital | film
set3 - digital | film
set4 - digital | film
set5 - film | digital

uh... no?? :)

4 November 2011 at 13:20  
Blogger Franca said...

I've no idea!

but here's my guesses.

flim, digi
digi, film
film, digi
digi, film
film, digi

Oh, that's symmertrical, which means something's wrong somewhere probably! or possibly they're all wrong!

4 November 2011 at 13:47  
Blogger Celeste said...

Love this post!

film | digital
digital | film
digital | film
film | digital
digital | film

:)

4 November 2011 at 19:58  
Anonymous Nameisis said...

1. Film on left
2. Film on right
3. Film on right
4. Film on left
5. Film on right

Great quiz btw. Keep up good work.

5 November 2011 at 07:18  
Anonymous Melissa Y said...

1. Film - Digi
2. Digi - Film
3. Digi - Film
4. Film - Digi
5. Film - Digi

Thanks for sharing your photos! I love looking at them and they inspire me to keep trying.

8 November 2011 at 05:07  
Blogger Kit said...

Sooo... when are we getting the results?? :D

9 November 2011 at 11:32  

Post a Comment

I love love love getting comments! Have a wonderful day and thanks for reading.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home