This Page

has been moved to new address

Me and my photos...

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
For the easily distracted...: Me and my photos...

This Page

has been moved to new address

Me and my photos...

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
For the easily distracted...: Me and my photos...

Friday, 4 November 2011

Me and my photos...

Photo23_20_2

As part of Photo Meditations I have been looking through my photos, trying to analyse them, see where I can improve, notice any patterns...
and it's been much more emotional for me than I expected.

Lately I've been worrying about my blog, worrying that I don't share enough... there are so many amazing blogs I read which are so personal, so open and they write so well. Yet I can never seem to share myself in the same way. I try but I always end up deleting posts before I even publish them, it helps to write them out but I never seem to say what I want properly...

Photo13_13

 This week I've realised that I do share so much of myself on my blog, more than I realised, through my photos. I started Photo Meditations to learn how to capture my soul in my photos but what I've been surprised to realise this week is that I already do that. My photos are me. I love them, they are my therapy and looking through them this week and thinking about how I can improve them has made me so happy.

I've been incredibly nervous about sharing my photos on the Flickr group, which seems silly when I share them openly here, but this blog is my space, I ultimately have the control of what appears on here (though I've never had anything bad to really moderate as such if I'm honest, just one amazing anon chuck norris related comment haha). Putting them in the Flickr group in front of my peers and losing that sense of control has been very liberating (as well as scary) but I'm glad that I'm doing it and getting the feedback too.

Photo25_12A
My favourite thing that I've learnt so far is that I'm happy with how and where my photos are going, I can't wait to apply everything I've learnt and refine them further but I think that my starting point is a solid one.

I never planned for this blog to become a photo blog, but it has because since starting this blog, I've become a photographer, it is a true expression of me and I love it all. Hurray.

Have a great weekend!!
I'll be taking lots of photos :)

p.s. loving the results of the little quiz so far, keep the answers coming!

14 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I suppose that most photography blogs consist of not much except just photographs, and somehow I can't find good, witty, interesting words to share that won't make me look narcissistic. Therefore all my entries are short, to the point, and blunt. Simply put, quite boring, when I read through them myself. But I never delete my posts anyway, I think it's good to reflect and look through old posts :) I love how some people share their personal stuff through their blog writings, it's all so interesting! especially one's favourite photographers.

And then sometimes I just end up writing things that jump from this point to that point, as shown in this comment here hahah

Anyway, you have a lovely lovely film blog! I love the Frocktober series, I can't imagine myself wearing a skirt for a whole DAY nevermind a month!

4 November 2011 at 12:38  
Blogger Unknown said...

I know how you feel about the personal posts, I find it hard sometimes to write the words I am feeling and put them out there for everyone to see.

But Rhianne you share so much of yourself through your photos which is why your blog is so well loved.

And remember a picture is worth a thousand words!

4 November 2011 at 12:47  
Blogger Dawn said...

You should never be afraid of what you post. Everyone who delves (and by "delve," I really mean "puts heart and soul and truth") into a blog understands. I know that most people here aren't going to fully critique your work the way that you may want, but it also helps give you confidence. You know the phrase, the "a picture is worth a thousand words." You don't have to write paragraphs upon paragraphs for us to understand. Your pictures do the explaining for us--your images, whether film or digital, taken from a diana mini or a holga--are from YOU. YOUR EYES. Each image is still a part of you, an observation of the world that we may not otherwise see. In the end, that's usually why we feel attached to any blog; we feel attached to that person and the content that they share.

4 November 2011 at 13:13  
Blogger InĂªs Seabra said...

well, I think it is really amazing to see how people translate in their photos. And I think that's the beauty of photography. You see things from other people's eyes, but I must say, you see it from other people's hearts! That's why photography is much more than what a camera can do. It's the finger that presses the button that matters the most. And all about this blog has your finger.

4 November 2011 at 13:13  
Blogger Inger M Pedersen said...

Hi:) I do like what you write here. For me it was the opposite, I want my blog to be a photo blog and feel I have to write something "clever" for it to be interesting. I am not very good at writing in a way that expresses my feelings, so for now I think I will let the photos speak for themselves, perhaps with just short notes. Very nice written post and I love your photos:)

4 November 2011 at 14:52  
Blogger Ruxandra said...

I think photographs speak for oneself; they are a form of art and expression, we send so many messages through them that it's absolutely amazing how parts of us just get captured into those photographs.
And your photographs are lovely indeed.Keep on taking, I really love them.
Have a wonderful weekend yourself!

4 November 2011 at 15:09  
Blogger BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

You are so talented and should be very proud of your growth!

4 November 2011 at 15:46  
Blogger Magali Vaz said...

You write from the heart! Your blog really appeals to me at a very deep level, I have just recently gotten into analog photography & started sharing it on my blog. It been scary because I think I have alienated older readers. :(
But this is the new direction my life is taking & my blog reflects it. I have started reading many analog blogs, yours being one of them as well as many your featured on your lomography article. I can undoubtedly say that yours is my favorite. Your experimental with cameras, your good & passionate at what you're doing & so much more. Keep it up, hugs!
www.Magalic.com

4 November 2011 at 18:11  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

self acceptance is a beautiful thing <3
your photos tell a lot of stories and share a lot of 'who you are'
i believe, photos often speak louder than words
beautiful series

6 November 2011 at 00:18  
Blogger Courtney said...

this is one thing i love about the blogging medium. you can share as much or as little as you wish, but it still becomes a reflection of who you are.

8 November 2011 at 04:11  
Blogger molly said...

my goodness your photos are breathtaking! i love the personality that shows through...

8 November 2011 at 14:15  
Blogger Tina Crespo said...

I've been wanting to comment on this for quite some time, but couldn't really find the right words to say...
It is really intimidating to be personal on a blog, which you've found may hinder your confidence in how you're writing & sharing with the world. I often struggle with things to say that may be too personal (or too opinionated), and end up deleting the post. Or not posting at all. I have always found your blog to be insightful and personal. For one, it's a blog about you, your life, interests, and experiences. What is more personal than that?

Now your photos - That is where YOU truly shine, and your spirit comes through. To me (I suppose, because I'm a visual person), to see your photographs is like having a conversation without words.

I'm very excited that you are finding yourself in your photographs, and able to see a distinct change in how you approach the world with your camera :)

8 November 2011 at 18:03  
Blogger Emily, Resplendent Tranquility said...

I like to think of each individual photograph as one piece (like a mosaic tile, so to say) of a much larger self-portrait. Photos have a great way of conveying more than words, don't they? :)

P.S. I really enjoyed both the film and camera round-ups you shared. I've been looking for new films to try, so I'll take some of your advice!

9 November 2011 at 21:43  
Blogger Nikolett said...

I've always found your blog to be personal - you share moments that you take, and I feel like each camera you use is a character, or a different side of you that you share. I've always enjoyed your blog; it inspires me to get out more and explore the world around me, too :) Hope you have a great weekend, lovely lady!

P.S. Thanks for calling me your hero about the Misty costume haha, that made me day :D

12 November 2011 at 22:31  

Post a Comment

I love love love getting comments! Have a wonderful day and thanks for reading.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home