This Page

has been moved to new address

Your camera is magic isn't it?

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
For the easily distracted...: Your camera is magic isn't it?

This Page

has been moved to new address

Your camera is magic isn't it?

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
For the easily distracted...: Your camera is magic isn't it?

Monday, 29 March 2010

Your camera is magic isn't it?

I sometimes forget how different things are for children now compared to when I was little... and also how exciting it used to be discovering something new and truly believing it was magic.


My youngest cousin has never heard of polaroid or instant cameras before and watching her little face and my other cousins faces as they watched a photo develop before their eyes was so much fun!

Of course she then insisted on taking a photo...
(I finally got one of me and Boyfriend, huzzah!
Cute little girls are much better bullies than me!)


...and then having her photo taken as well.
The frog is her school mascot, Spike!

Labels: , ,

15 Comments:

Blogger Cassie said...

Oh Rhianne I love this post! Children are so used to seeing an image on the back of a digital camera these days that you are right they never actually see one develop - I can remember waiting weeks to see the film developed at Boots, with the cat pictures at the end of use up the film!
xx

29 March 2010 at 09:59  
Blogger Laura said...

That's sweet! I still get excited watching my polaroids develop!

29 March 2010 at 10:48  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I remember how excited I used to get watching my polaroids develop!!! I loved waving them around!

29 March 2010 at 11:30  
Blogger mel said...

so sweet! i love this. i hope the pic of you and your man turned out!
have a great monday :)

29 March 2010 at 11:59  
Blogger JenRem said...

Oh my this is so terribly adorable. Makes me heart happy.
I played with my grandparents old record player that you crank to get working and was in amazement at it. So I totally get where you cousin is coming from :)

29 March 2010 at 12:26  
Blogger AbbieBabble said...

It used to be so exciting waiting for the pictures to develop- I remember thinking that it must be absolute magic, just like your cousin.

Another funny thing about kids today is that as soon as you take a picture of them, they want to see it- they're so used to digital cameras!

29 March 2010 at 12:31  
Blogger Shelley said...

i keep hearing how the younger generations won't care about instant film because they were born with digital. this sooo proves that theory wrong and i'm so happy! what a joy to watch your little cousin experience it for the first time!

29 March 2010 at 14:38  
Blogger Unknown said...

I love watching kids experience new things. They make everything seem so fun and amazing.

29 March 2010 at 17:33  
Blogger Red Boots said...

Bless them, that's so sweet! I remember when I was little thinking my dad's CD player was magical!! I could not figure out for the life of me how it worked!

I still get excited and full of amazement when using my polaroid! Did you cave and buy polaroid film in the end??

xx

29 March 2010 at 18:44  
Blogger Yelena R. said...

That is soo adorable!

29 March 2010 at 19:00  
Blogger Micaela said...

PRICELESS!!! :) i love it!!! so cute.

29 March 2010 at 21:33  
Blogger Laura Demetriou said...

How sweet!

30 March 2010 at 12:59  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My OH got me that camera for my birthday... I almost don't like taking pics with it as I don't want to waste any! (I'm such a dork sometimes!)

Love the pics of her looking at pics of her ;)

30 March 2010 at 14:36  
Blogger The Childlike Empress said...

how cute....

she is right...instant photos are magic....i want a magic camera!

30 March 2010 at 15:07  
Blogger Leigh said...

oh my goodness! i don't know why, but my love of poloroid photos is just developing (haha...). i didn't know these were still made!

leigh
www.myleighashley.com

6 April 2010 at 19:35  

Post a Comment

I love love love getting comments! Have a wonderful day and thanks for reading.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home