This Page

has been moved to new address

My 'Dear Photograph' fail...

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
For the easily distracted...: My 'Dear Photograph' fail...

This Page

has been moved to new address

My 'Dear Photograph' fail...

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
For the easily distracted...: My 'Dear Photograph' fail...

Thursday, 23 June 2011

My 'Dear Photograph' fail...

Seeing the 'Dear Photograph' tumblr on so many blogs at the moment (even one of my best friends sent me the link) reminds me of my failed attempt at this kind of photograph with Thomas's family beach hut last August.



It doesn't look quite so impressive when

1. you're facing the wrong direction
2. there's a giant windbreak in the photo
3. you're holding the photo at a wonky angle...

I gave up after two attempts! haha!

Perhaps I'll try again soon...

p.s you see a better scan of the photo and more of the beach hut here. It's a bit out of date though as its been raised and now has steps again.

Labels: , , , ,

9 Comments:

Blogger Lori said...

I want to try this so bad! The first picture was right on with the wind shield thing! Not bad for a first attempt! I don't think I would be able to pull off that much! It's worth a try, though!

23 June 2011 at 13:34  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

love that idea with the retro images! xoxo

http://some-kind-of-style.blogspot.com

23 June 2011 at 13:45  
Blogger julochka said...

i've been wanting to try this too! it does seem to be everywhere at the moment. i've seen another version where a photographer/artist called ben heine does drawings as part of the photo...they're amazing. here's one: http://www.flickr.com/photos/benheine/4750627226/in/faves-julochka/

23 June 2011 at 14:44  
Blogger Jennifer Lee. said...

this is the first time I've heard about this project (I'm VERY new to the whole Blogging thing), but you have totally inspired me to have a go! take that as confirmation that your attempt was NOT a complete fail.. LOVE YOUR BLOG.

23 June 2011 at 16:28  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pretty cool! I like this!

23 June 2011 at 22:53  
Blogger Gracie said...

I still think you made a good attempt at it. I'm pretty hopeless with taking interesting shots. I think you should attempt it again. x

24 June 2011 at 02:15  
Blogger devorelebeaumonstre. said...

that so sweet. x


p.s. I'm having a $50 giveaway if you'd like to check it out. :)
devorelebeaumonstre.com

24 June 2011 at 05:34  
Anonymous GeeGee said...

Im glad you tried it - I think that it looks so easy but then you've shown how hard it is to get the right angle and everything else! you've reminded me to try it though, I will remember...! The hut looks so small there, I wonder how else it can be done. Perhaps the one with granny and family in it on the earlier post, from the right hand side?

24 June 2011 at 22:05  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Haha! You're too cute!

28 June 2011 at 22:19  

Post a Comment

I love love love getting comments! Have a wonderful day and thanks for reading.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home