This Page

has been moved to new address

St Patrick's Chapel, Heysham

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
For the easily distracted...: St Patrick's Chapel, Heysham

This Page

has been moved to new address

St Patrick's Chapel, Heysham

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
For the easily distracted...: St Patrick's Chapel, Heysham

Thursday, 26 April 2012

St Patrick's Chapel, Heysham

Hello! Sorry for the blog silence, I've been sick. 
I'm feeling much better now though and I finally developed my elusive film from February over the weekend too
so I finally have some colour photos to share, hurray!
(I'm not thrilled with the scans though, I'm going to take the negs to my usual place, 
so these may be replaced when I do that...)
  CNV00003CNV00004a CNV00005aCNV00005 CNV00006 CNV00009CNV00007a CNV00009a CNV00010a CNV00006a

I'm so glad these photos turned out well, they are of St Patrick's Chapel, Heysham - a ruined building which stands on the coastline of Heysham, next to the newer St Peter's Church. It is a Grade I listed building and a Scheduled Ancient Monument believed to be dated from the 8th or 9th Century.

Just beneath the chapel was a peaceful little cove where we sat for a while taking it all in, I loved the colours of the shells and the sound of the waves.

Location: Heysham, Lancashire
Film: Kodak Elitechrome, ISO 100
Camera: Yashica Samurai

Labels: , , ,

16 Comments:

Blogger Deb said...

Some of these are great Rhianne! So glad you're feeling better now xx

26 April 2012 at 12:52  
Blogger milk&miel said...

These are lovely Rhianne, I especially like the first shot & the beach shots... just lovely! x

26 April 2012 at 13:14  
Anonymous Michelle said...

These are great - I especially love the first.

26 April 2012 at 13:20  
Blogger Rhianne said...

thank you, on both counts :)

26 April 2012 at 13:48  
Blogger Rhianne said...

thanks love, I was really happy with them too, the beach was gorgeous

26 April 2012 at 13:48  
Blogger Rhianne said...

Thanks Michelle, I love that one too

26 April 2012 at 13:54  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the colours in this series! It's my favourite. I just like these striking-in-a-subtle-way colours, if you get what I'm saying. Haha lovely.

26 April 2012 at 15:56  
Blogger jenny stardust said...

i'm a little jealous of the UK's old stone buildings, we don't have them as much-if any- in sweden. thanks for sharing!

26 April 2012 at 20:11  
Blogger Carrie said...

Georgous! I have to echo earlier comments to say, I'm glad you're feeling better!

26 April 2012 at 23:13  
Blogger trishie said...

Beautiful place! I love visiting ruins and imagining where things used to be and how people lived

27 April 2012 at 02:55  
Blogger Magali Vaz said...

Sorry you were sick & glad you're feeling better! These ruins are awesome, I also really like the high contrast on these.

27 April 2012 at 13:35  
Blogger Rhianne said...

I really like them too - Such a shame that Kodak are stopping production on their slide films as they are gorgeous.

27 April 2012 at 13:50  
Blogger Rhianne said...

you're welcome - I always forget that they aren't any in other places so I'll try and take more photos for you.

27 April 2012 at 13:51  
Blogger Rhianne said...

Thanks Carrie :)

27 April 2012 at 13:51  
Blogger Rhianne said...

I do too, especially when places are so old too.

27 April 2012 at 13:51  
Blogger Rhianne said...

Thanks love. I really like that too, though I can't tell if the scans or the film that caused it, I guess I'll find out when its rescanned.

27 April 2012 at 13:52  

Post a Comment

I love love love getting comments! Have a wonderful day and thanks for reading.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home