This Page

has been moved to new address

A rather impromptu giveaway - Closed

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
For the easily distracted...: A rather impromptu giveaway - Closed

This Page

has been moved to new address

A rather impromptu giveaway - Closed

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
For the easily distracted...: A rather impromptu giveaway - Closed

Thursday, 27 May 2010

A rather impromptu giveaway - Closed

After finally sorting out my box of cameras - I realised that there was a camera in there that I already had: this little panorama camera!


So I decided that I wanted to give it away to one of my readers!

It takes 35mm film and although I don't believe it has a true wide angle lens like the vivatar slim and wide and the image is cropped by a template onto the negative I still love how the pictures turn out and it was is easy to carry around and snap away happily with.

This camera is a true, cheap plastic camera!

If you're not convinced, here are some examples of photos that I have taken with it
and you can also see more examples here.

I love it and I think one of you will as well :)

:: How to enter ::

This giveaway is now closed!

p.s. if you happen to love film but don't own a film camera and perhaps enjoy a good swap, then now may be the perfect time to enter this giveaway... just saying...

Labels: ,

42 Comments:

Blogger Maddy said...

p.s. I'm also a follower! :)

27 May 2010 at 13:42  
Blogger Maddy said...

The only film camera I own is a Holga that I have since failed at using (not giving up yet though!) so I'm definitely interested in this giveaway! My favorite camera is my Nikon D60 because it makes me feel very professional ;D but I love exploring cameras so I'm sure I will have a new favorite in months to come!

27 May 2010 at 13:42  
Blogger Unknown said...

I own Panasonic Lumic FZ50 and I love it, it takes pretty awesome pics!
oh, and I have your blog in my rss for daily reading :)
xxx

27 May 2010 at 14:12  
Blogger Nicole said...

Hey, i really enjoy your blog, its good to see another film photography lover and a camera collector. I love my polaroid camera and my Olympus OM-2 but I'd have to say my favourite is my lomo supersampler, it's so much fun. xx

27 May 2010 at 15:23  
Blogger k said...

i love it!!!!! consider me entered ;) my fave cam is my new nikon, i can't help it!

27 May 2010 at 15:29  
Blogger Eli said...

I'm also a follower!

27 May 2010 at 15:40  
Blogger Eli said...

hello!

i just love film cameras! I have a diana mini, a couple of polaroids and a Kodak brownie handed down from my mum (just like your new one!). You're cute camera would fit nicely in with my little collection :)

I think my favourite is my Kodak Brownie...because of sentimental value.

thank you for the chance!

eli. x

cookiesandcream_89(at)hotmail(dot)com

27 May 2010 at 15:40  
Anonymous Isha said...

Such nice pictures!

My favourite camera is my Diana Mini. Although I didn't develop any film yet. :)

I love your blog and I'm not following it with bloglovin' or RSS but it's in my favourites so I can read it every single day. :)

XO.

27 May 2010 at 15:43  
Blogger stephanie said...

Ahh! Count me in! My favorite camera is my Nikon D80 named Yuffie, but I also love my Canon Rebel (it's a film camera, and film cameras are still my favorites). Also, I'm a follower!

Annd, I retweeted your Twitter post about it! Yay!

27 May 2010 at 15:46  
Blogger Salou_Babe2014 said...

My fasvourite camera is my canon ixus 30. It's been my soulmate. Don't get to use it that often though. Here, is that by any chance Padstow in photos 1 and 2? It looks awfully similar...!
I've not retweeted. hugs x

27 May 2010 at 16:04  
Blogger muchlove said...

I'm a follower :)

27 May 2010 at 16:29  
Blogger muchlove said...

Oh oh oh, such a cool giveaway! I would love to get my hands on that camera.
My favourite camera is probably my Olympus OM-10. It's getting a bit temperamental these days but it can still take stunning photos. It's also the camera that reignited my love for film. There's a lot of sentimental value attached to it because it's been in the family since I was tiny.

27 May 2010 at 16:29  
Blogger Helen said...

ooh i can't pick a favourite camera! i supposed my nikon d40 is the most used, but i also loved my lca that my boyfriend bought me although it's now broken :( i really need to get it fixed soon. i also like my old practika because it used to be my grandad's

27 May 2010 at 17:37  
Blogger hgh said...

I think I had one of these cameras when I was young!
It sounds strange, but despite having digtal cameras since 2000, my favourite camera has to be my Dads old APS one he bought in 1998. It was just so cute and sleek! I'm annoyed my digital cameras these days aren't as pretty.
The camera I use most these days is the one on my iPhone sadly...I've got quite a few "proper" cameras ranging from a SLR to a 1980's Polaroid, but I keep forgetting to take them out!

27 May 2010 at 19:01  
Blogger TARAdactyl said...

Oh man! That camera looks awesome. I've been wanting a panorama camera for a little while now.

My favorite camera is my Holga. I love cross-processing 120 slide film and the Holga is perfect for that. I just love every picture that comes out of that camera :]

Thanks!!
-Tara
(and I'm a follower!)

27 May 2010 at 19:21  
Blogger its simple love said...

O how exciting! count me in. My favorite camera is a polaroid camera! So fun. This looks amazing.

Rachael

27 May 2010 at 23:34  
Blogger thegirlhassparke said...

Follower of course :-)

28 May 2010 at 01:11  
Blogger thegirlhassparke said...

When I was 16 I got an izone polaroid camera that takes little mini photos. It is soooo much fun to use however they stopped making film for it but every once and awhile it appears on ebay.

28 May 2010 at 01:11  
Blogger Ahoy Dear Sailor said...

what a lovley wide angel camera! I just had to enter this giveaway!

My favourite camera in my collection in the Cannon Snappy20. Its a 35mm from the 80's that has never failed to produce lovely image. Although i have many other cameras in my collection(mostly lomo and all very fun) the Snappy 20 always makes the moments captures seem more real. Its easy, compact and cute as hell!


I am a follower and I would lovvvve to win this camera!


www.ahoydearsailor.blogspot.com

28 May 2010 at 05:45  
Blogger Unknown said...

wooow thats such a cool camera! I love my plain and simple polaoird land camera (: though I don't have any film for it as of right now because it is so expensive.

28 May 2010 at 06:54  
Anonymous Gali said...

Cheap plastic cameras are the best! No really, they are!

My favourite one has to be my dad's old Zenith, it was the good old USSR stuff, the Moscow Olympic Games edition. It captured my whole youth, it's a real shame my father doesn't use it anymore and it's a bit too heavy for me to carry around on touristy adventures.

28 May 2010 at 07:58  
Blogger The Girl said...

PS. Hurray for Yorkshire!!

28 May 2010 at 08:59  
Blogger The Girl said...

Hey thanks for the comment - so strange that 2 of you are on this Harcombe diet and I'd never even heard of it before!

Definitely agree, it's about finding something that works best for you. And seeing as I like making lists, WW seems to be appealing to my anally organised side!

And seeing as this post is a giveaway why not enter?!

My favourite camera is my beloved Fisheye. Although it's been sadly neglected during the winter months because the flash sucks and I can't get any decent pictures on it if the weather's no good, even with a high ISO film. BUT. The sun is here and I feel it's time to dust his orangey casing off!

28 May 2010 at 08:59  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My favourite camera that I own is my Nikon D40 but very high up on my wish list is a Diana F+

28 May 2010 at 14:18  
Blogger Andi Dhebby Putri said...

This is really cool giveaway! I'm your follower and always love every posts in your cute blog. surely :)

I own 3 cheap plastic camera, such as Octopus, Vivitar, and Olymbus. I'll tell you a little history of each of 'em.

Octopus, that got from my friends worth $5 last year. It takes 35mm film, yellow and has panorama mode. my friend promoted it to me last because I was going to join a community that called 'Kaskus Plastic (Klastic) and Toy Camera (Toycam) Community' in my city. Klastic just like a photograph community, but we have to use a plastic camera, any plastic cameras. I love it because It has a panorama mode, I love the black line in the up and down of the result photo from this mine. I still use it until now and always take care of this cute camera that called Pussy. you can see some examples of photos that I have taken with it on www.dhebbytoycamograph.co.nr. no edited at all, just putted the label on each photos as a sign of mine :)

Vivitar V3000N, not a plastic camera. It's SLR but still takes a 35mm film also. It has 28 - 70mm Vivitar Japan lens 1:3.4-4.8, 52mm UV filter, ISO 25 - 3200 Film Speed range, Shutter Speeds: B (bulb) to 1/2000 sec, and synchronized at 1/125 sec. I got that from my daddy. he bought me from the capital city of my country, as an initial step of me to enter the world of photography. I love and still use it when I ran out of film of my both plastic cameras. see the example of photos on www.dhebbyphotoworks.co.nr. I edited some of them for better quality, and also putted the label of me :)

Olymbus, got it from my boyfriend in a few months ago. It takes 35mm film and gray. he gave me because I still discover many plastic cameras to support me about my joining to Klastic. he told me that he has some plastic cameras when he was little, but he doesn't bring it and might be in his warehouse now. check the example of photos on www.helloiamdhebby.blogspot.com/2010/05/example-photos-of-olymbus.html

well, even though I have 3, I've always received a lot of plastic cameras, because through the film, bring back a value from the photos that reminds me back when I was little. It's like show it old photos value. I really hope that you give me a chance to take care of yours, besides It has a panorama mode, love it so much!

28 May 2010 at 14:32  
Blogger M.M.E. said...

I'm also a follower, and yes, I've put up with you for a long time. :)

28 May 2010 at 15:12  
Blogger M.M.E. said...

So far my favorite camera is still the Kodak Duaflex I found in my grandma's closet but I'm hoping to snag a Rolleiflex soon.

28 May 2010 at 15:12  
Blogger M.M.E. said...

I also tweeted about the giveaway on my twitter. http://twitter.com/studiomme

28 May 2010 at 15:13  
Blogger Celeste said...

i loooooove panorama photos! a lot of new digital point and shoots have a setting for them, but my camera and i always wished it did.

i think my favorite camera might be this little box-camera kodak brownie that i have. (not the same as the 127 brownies we both have, but just as cute!). it doesn't work but if you hold it as waste-level, you can see everything reversed and so dreamy!

28 May 2010 at 17:14  
Blogger Celeste said...

oh, pps- i'm a follower, OF COURSE!

28 May 2010 at 17:16  
Blogger Celeste said...

all 10 people who actually follow my twitter will also see the good news: twitter.com/extracelestial

28 May 2010 at 17:16  
Blogger Laura Demetriou said...

Oh wow! I'm not entering as it's a little unfair to win a camera when I'm married to a tech but that's an awesome camera! I've never seen one before, I suppose people just throw then away if they break. Shame really!

My fave camera? I could say Lomo LC-A, but that's too predictable. I think my favourite camera is my Lubitel. It's so easy to use and so unpredictable!

28 May 2010 at 21:00  
Blogger jenny stardust said...

what a sweet camera. just perfect for landscapes, i'd love to win it!

i follow your blog!

my favorite camera is my Polaroid but also the first 35 film camera i ever got when i was 11. i can't find anything on the internet about it. it's plastic with one battery for its flash. the pictures turn out really good and i have great memories with it.

28 May 2010 at 22:13  
Blogger Lightning Heart said...

ahh well you probably already know but i love my polaroid camera the best ^_^ i'm just sad that i don't have much more polaroid film to feed her with :(

29 May 2010 at 14:16  
Blogger jona rhica said...

i've been following for a while now :)
i have a few cameras but if i had to pick, i would pick my polaroid. when i pull it out of my bag to take pics, i get some glances and giggles. and the noise it makes startles people. ha.

29 May 2010 at 15:19  
Blogger Jennifer Young said...

my fave cam is my olympus pen EE2 half frame camera!

thanks for the giveaway!
j.

30 May 2010 at 00:49  
Blogger Jenny. said...

I am new to cameras so I bought the Canon Powershot S901S.
I love it so bad.

30 May 2010 at 02:56  
Blogger dreamboat said...

well I don't have a hipstamatic but I have the iphone app and I love the pictures :) and right now I'm really wanting an olympus pen... ps- I follow you

31 May 2010 at 02:25  
Blogger Cynthia said...

i follow :)

31 May 2010 at 08:13  
Blogger Cynthia said...

eep almost missed out on this, my favorite camera is handsdown my holga, getting the film devalpoed is a hassle but i love it nonetheless

have a great holiday with your family!

31 May 2010 at 08:13  
Blogger Farah said...

and I am a follower of course! ;)

31 May 2010 at 08:47  
Blogger Farah said...

I love plastic Cameras! there is something so unique about it! ;) I am totally in on this giveaway, but if I had to choose a fav camera it would be a tie between a Diana and Polaroid.

31 May 2010 at 08:47  

Post a Comment

I love love love getting comments! Have a wonderful day and thanks for reading.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home