This Page

has been moved to new address

When fuji instax mini's go wrong...

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
For the easily distracted...: When fuji instax mini's go wrong...

This Page

has been moved to new address

When fuji instax mini's go wrong...

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
For the easily distracted...: When fuji instax mini's go wrong...

Tuesday, 25 May 2010

When fuji instax mini's go wrong...

On Saturday we went to Malham, the weather was gorgeous, we took a picnic, sat by waterfalls and everything was good.
Until my fuji instax didn't work - cue complete panic...

After opening the back of the film I realised that one of the photos had a small nick in it (can you see in on the top left?) which meant the photo couldn't pass through the rollers, so I had to pull it through resulting in the yellow fuji. The other photo didn't even make it through the rollers (I don't remember why) but I did have fun pushing the chemicals up and around the photo - you can even make out a partial thumb print on it - how cool is that?!


As a result the next two pictures came out with light exposure on them, however you can still make out the pretty waterfall.
In fact I kind of like them...

I really love the two that turned out properly though - especially my little holga - I put her down for a second and though she looked so lovely that I had to take a photo!

Labels: , , , ,

12 Comments:

Blogger Helen said...

would you recommend the fuji instax as a good polaroid alternative now? except for the film catching of course! i love my polaroid but don't use it much now because of film.

25 May 2010 at 11:23  
Blogger iheartkiwi said...

i love my fuji instax!

i've never had that happen to me though... good to know! i really like the way that second set turned out. that's the fun of having an instant camera. you never know what you're going to get!

25 May 2010 at 15:43  
Blogger emily said...

sometimes it's fun when film goes funny. sometimes frustrating though... :)

25 May 2010 at 17:50  
Blogger Crystal Ball said...

Happy accidents indeed. This happened to me not that long ago. I don't have the Instax Mini, I have the 210 though.

I really love the two with the light leaks. Gorgeous :)

25 May 2010 at 20:30  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

the second set look like they should have been taken that way! i love them.

25 May 2010 at 20:44  
Blogger evelyn said...

the last four photos are great to me :D i love the one with holga hehe. aww i love that camera!
and another Photo Swap sounds fantastic =D
hope you have a beautiful fun summer too
much love from me to you!

-evelyn

25 May 2010 at 22:55  
Blogger I Love You More Than... said...

I love the photo with the purple in the corner!

26 May 2010 at 01:00  
Blogger Ida/FarEastLogbook said...

I really like #3+4. Perfect imperfection :-)

26 May 2010 at 03:03  
Blogger Sara said...

I love the ones that turned out NOT okay!

26 May 2010 at 09:46  
Blogger Nikolett said...

This is one of the many reasons why I know these kind of photos will never go out of style - compared to digital cameras, they can still have things that go 'wrong' but they make the photo that much more interesting. I love the second set of photos, makes it feel like a fantasy movie or something haha :)

26 May 2010 at 16:59  
Blogger Eadaoin said...

It's funny how sometimes accidents can have nice results! All of these still look pretty cool :) I really like the two with light leaks in particular but your little holga does look very sweet!

28 May 2010 at 10:20  
Blogger Diana said...

This is what happened with my Diana Instant Back. I love the film, but my heart belongs to Polaroid.

I'm sorry they didn't come out but they do look rather cool.

30 May 2010 at 20:46  

Post a Comment

I love love love getting comments! Have a wonderful day and thanks for reading.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home