This Page

has been moved to new address

Up the Eiffel Tower...

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
For the easily distracted...: Up the Eiffel Tower...

This Page

has been moved to new address

Up the Eiffel Tower...

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
For the easily distracted...: Up the Eiffel Tower...

Tuesday, 20 September 2011

Up the Eiffel Tower...

Eeeeeeeee! We went up the Eiffel Tower! At night! To the top!

Needless to say, I was very excited about this and I still am. We hadn't planned to climb the tower on the Monday night, just visit it and have a look around the river, but there were hardly any queues to go up so we rather impulsively decided to just do it even though the top floor was closed. We queued for about 10-15 minutes I would say and then, as we got to the window to buy our tickets, the top was opened! HUZZAH!
(The nice French man said it was just for me... I believed him.)

It has to be said, Thomas was my hero that night - he doesn't like heights and he was rather uncertain at the top, but he went all the way up, he looked around and he even took photos. I'm not bothered by heights so I was practically bouncing around everywhere being generally over excited and he put up with that too.
(in fact he puts up with that most of the time, haha)









The first time I looked at these once we got back to England, I cried. I couldn't believe we'd really been there, looking at the most amazing views and taking in every that Paris at night had to offer. The photos don't really do it justice, it was stunning and a massive highlight of our visit. I want to go back.

Photographer: Thomas
Camera: Sony H7
Location: Eiffel Tower, Paris

Labels: , , ,

10 Comments:

Blogger thegirlhassparke said...

Oh isn't the view just beautiful? So jealous you got to go all the way to the top. Brendan is scared of heights too but I plan on dragging him up there one day. I got your postcard on Friday, thank you so much!!

20 September 2011 at 12:51  
Blogger Angel said...

That 3rd photo, looks so magical to me.

20 September 2011 at 13:04  
Blogger Unknown said...

That first picture takes my breath away...absolutely stunning. I fell in love with paris when we visited...macaroons, coffee and just style everywhere!

20 September 2011 at 13:27  
Blogger Clare B said...

Paris looks so magical at night. It looks amazing and the video of the Eiffel Tower sparkling is fantastic - had no idea that it sparkled like that.

20 September 2011 at 17:03  
Blogger Misty Chaos said...

Wow! Beautiful photos :D It looks amazing (!!)

20 September 2011 at 18:29  
Anonymous Eadaoin said...

You guys just look so happy in these photos, I'm glad you had such a nice time there! And kudos to Thomas for going to the top with you, I point blank refused lol, couldn't handle the height. So gorgeous to go up at night too, the city looks incredible here :) Also it's looking great here, I like what you've done with the place! The 'next' button was acting up on me, so I've been reading your updates in Google Reader lately and hadn't seen your changes.

20 September 2011 at 20:23  
Blogger Helen said...

ahh I love Paris! We went up the eiffel tower too but not at night, I would love to because it looks so beautiful all lit up.

20 September 2011 at 22:06  
Blogger InĂªs Seabra said...

these look so beautiful, and you look so happy! and I look so jealous...

21 September 2011 at 11:56  
Blogger Che said...

gorgeous pictures!! sigh!

21 September 2011 at 16:08  
Blogger Cassie said...

Well done Thomas because I hate heights and I just don't think, however much I would love to, I would be able to go up! It looks like such a magical, memory filled trip.
xx

22 September 2011 at 11:33  

Post a Comment

I love love love getting comments! Have a wonderful day and thanks for reading.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home