This Page

has been moved to new address

Bonjour!

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
For the easily distracted...: Bonjour!

This Page

has been moved to new address

Bonjour!

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
For the easily distracted...: Bonjour!

Monday, 5 September 2011

Bonjour!

Bonjour mon amis!
I'm back in England and I have a serious case of Paris blues.

I can't wait to share everything about our week away but right now I have no idea where to start - I am picking my film photos up later today though... I'm so excited/nervous!!

First I think, a little list of things I want to remember about Paris...

1. The underground Metro jingle is really happy.
2. The eclairs are filled with chocolate instead of cream!!
3. I didn't eat one macaron or crepe, the other pastries were too good to ignore.
4. I am not above stealing a roll of toilet paper at a music festival.
5. I love Art Museums - seriously, all the best artists are French right?
6. I will never get bored of Picasso. Ever.
7. French people do dress amazingly well.
8. The top of the Eiffel Tower opened just for us
(well it opened just as we got to the window to buy tickets
but the man said it was just for me and I believe him :D )

9. Our apartment was in the best area.
10. Eating dinner outside is so much better than inside.
11. Finding a Post Office was harder than we thought.
12. Visiting La Grande Arche de la Défense feels a bit like travelling to the future after exploring the historal city.
13. The Kronenberg tasted much better there...
14. I still think the fountains outside the Pompidou Center are ugly
(those and the Musee D'orsay were the only things
I really remembered from a school trip when I was 13...)

15. There are so many cute dogs in Paris, I was smiling the whole time.

Paris was beautiful and enchanting. It was everything that I expected it to be and more and I'm so glad that we spent a week there as it truly felt like we got a glimpse of Parisian life and I definitely think we'll be going back at some point in the future... just for one more pastry!

p.s. I've said it before but Thomas really does take the best photos of me.

p.p.s. Also, the pleated skirt in the first photo - another amazing charity shop bargain, I love it!

Labels: , , ,

18 Comments:

Blogger Meghan said...

I couldn't agree more! I was in Paris last summer and I loved every single second! The shops. The food. The museums. Even the Metro! I'm so glad you had a wonderful time!

5 September 2011 at 12:50  
Blogger thegirlhassparke said...

So glad you had a lovely time! You look gorgeous in the photos, very relaxed and happy. Can't wait to see more.

5 September 2011 at 13:50  
Anonymous laura said...

glad you has such a fabbi time - and what a lovely pic of you infront of the eiffel tower - i dont think i have ever seen the sky so blue & so few people!

5 September 2011 at 13:52  
Blogger Alyssa said...

love love love!! its all amazing! love that skirt too!

5 September 2011 at 13:54  
Blogger Erin {pughs' news} said...

Wow, Rhianne. What a fabulous list! And what a wonderful time you had by the sounds of it. Can't wait to see all your photos!

PS: Thomas takes excellent photos of you. Those are both great!

5 September 2011 at 15:55  
Blogger emily said...

paris really is a great city. i'm glad you had an amazing time. you look great!

5 September 2011 at 16:28  
Blogger Bleah Briann//Lovely said...

so pretty! I'm super jealous. <3

5 September 2011 at 17:04  
Blogger ana said...

welcome back. what a lovely photo in front of the tower :)
i totally agree with #10, especially in europe. & you are so very pretty.

5 September 2011 at 17:13  
Blogger Laura said...

Sounds like you had a lovely time, when i read your first thing above the noise of the Paris Metro, ping ping, popped into my head again :)

5 September 2011 at 17:45  
Blogger daisychain said...

Love the photo of you by the tower! xo

5 September 2011 at 19:01  
Anonymous Naomi Bulger said...

It sounds like a fantastic time! I will be in Paris in just two weeks, so I hope your blog is thick with all things Parisienne in the meantime, so that I can gather up tips and inspiration from you. :-)

6 September 2011 at 02:10  
Blogger Diana said...

This is how I felt after Rome, but more like after all vacations.

It sounds like you had a fantastic time but you can see it all over your smile! :D

6 September 2011 at 06:57  
Blogger Adele said...

look at you all dressed up and all (; (i'm so proud you are wearing more skirts, really!) glad you had an amazing time...although i'm pretty sure if i had tagged along it would have been SOO much better (; can't wait to see them photos. ps: i miss you!

6 September 2011 at 09:22  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'm so excited to see your photos from paris! so jealous but so happy you had a great time

6 September 2011 at 10:01  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So happy you had a blast! I love your happy list :)
My turn in 9 days!!! It's a bit different as I'm going back to the mothership but still, i'm very excited about it.
xxx

6 September 2011 at 11:25  
Blogger Carrie said...

YES! I've been anxiously anticipating the beginning of your Paris posts! I love these two photos of you, too. :) So pretty!

Where were you guys in the second one?

PS. The chocolate pastries were my favorite too. ;)

6 September 2011 at 18:05  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

mm i want an eclair now! that sounds divine. i love your outfit! so darling. xoxo

7 September 2011 at 18:35  
Blogger Cassie said...

I am reading your posts backwards after being offline this week (sorry)and have to say I love all your outfits and shoes in these photos - you were keeping up the stylish look around Paris too dear. xx

8 September 2011 at 21:11  

Post a Comment

I love love love getting comments! Have a wonderful day and thanks for reading.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home