This Page

has been moved to new address

Megan: Paris in a Day

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
For the easily distracted...: Megan: Paris in a Day

This Page

has been moved to new address

Megan: Paris in a Day

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
For the easily distracted...: Megan: Paris in a Day

Thursday, 25 August 2011

Megan: Paris in a Day


Hey! It's Megan here from Time After Tea.

In 2009 I spent a whirlwind 24 hours in Paris. Even though I wasn’t there for very long it was definitely enough time to fall in love with the city and get to do a lot of the things I had hoped to do. I plan to head back one day and stay for longer but if like me you go to Paris with not much time here are a few little tips to make the most of it.

- Walk as much as you can. We walked from Notre Dame along the Seine, up the Champs – Elysees and finished at the Eiffel Tower. It was the perfect way to see the city in a day and really be able to take in all the sights and sounds. There are lovely little stalls along the Seine and food vendors along the parks which are all little bits and pieces you miss on public transport.

- Don’t be afraid to ask for help. There is a stereotype that French people are rude to tourists but it is just that a stereotype. Learn enough basic French to say “Hello, how are you? Do you speak English?” it can come across as rude assuming people speak English without first trying to address them in French, this worked for me.

- I had no intention of going up the Eiffel Tower but decided to at the last minute despite the line and the short amount of time we had and I absolutely do not regret it. If you are pressed for time this is definitely the one thing you must do – it is breathtaking.

- Eat in a backstreet. We managed to get lost and at the same time realised we were starving it was a great mistake to make as we stumbled upon a little family run French restaurant, beautiful food, authentic service and a good price.

- Be flexible. Travelling is all about adventure, having a short amount of time usually means you have a list of things or a schedule for the day you want to complete, if things go of course just go with it, the city obviously as other plans for you.

Megan


Labels:

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh, beautiful Paris, Paris...still need to visit!


Might wanna win this lovely "Goodie" Bag of your choice?

http://some-kind-of-style.blogspot.com/2011/08/win-your-own-dagens-outfit-goodie-blog.html

Spread the word if you like!

xoxo

25 August 2011 at 13:10  
Blogger Viola said...

Looks like a lovely trip! We went there two years ago and it was great!
Beautiful pictures, too...

xx Viola

25 August 2011 at 14:39  
Blogger Dawn said...

Thanks for the tips! I'll keep them in mind if I ever get there someday. :) The photos are pretty nifty. I've seen friends' pictures before, but none that looked like this. I hope you're able to go back someday!

25 August 2011 at 14:49  
Anonymous lucent imagery said...

Great to see my fellow Australian blogger here! I too visited Paris in June for 4 nights. Such a fascinating city. I am yet to post my photos but when i do i was also going to say that the rude stereotype is unfair. A little french goes a long way! Great post Megan on a awesome blog.

25 August 2011 at 21:49  
Blogger Leeann @ Join the Gossip said...

Fun photos! I wish I were there now :)

25 August 2011 at 22:55  
Blogger linnykins said...

Hi! I've stumbled upon your blog and I love your photos, I was in Paris recently too! I'm still waiting to finish my first roll of my new Diana Mini. I can't wait to see the results.

25 August 2011 at 23:44  
Blogger Alexandra said...

I've been to Paris once on a school trip but am definitely looking forward to going back and exploring more- hopefully for more than a day! Great tips :-)

26 August 2011 at 01:46  
Blogger Jess said...

Yes! I definitely want to get tickets to the Moulin Rouge some day!

26 August 2011 at 04:03  

Post a Comment

I love love love getting comments! Have a wonderful day and thanks for reading.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home