This Page

has been moved to new address

Along the river...

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
For the easily distracted...: Along the river...

This Page

has been moved to new address

Along the river...

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
For the easily distracted...: Along the river...

Wednesday, 7 September 2011

Along the river...

My main aim on that first evening was to see the river Seine, I'm not sure why, but I really wanted to get to the river and look across the city - I wanted to see all the bridges and get our first view of the Eiffel Tower.

Photo18_15b{photo by Thomas with the Sony H7, my first with the tower!}

Photo20_17aPhoto20_17bPhoto19_16aPhoto19_16bPhoto22_19bPhoto21_18bPhoto22_19aPhoto21_18aPhoto23_20a

And boy, once we got there, it really did not disappoint - I felt so much better, like I truly believed we were in Paris and I could finally relax. The sun was shining, the evening was beautiful and we sat and watched the world and the river go by on a bench for a little while just soaking it all in.

Location: The River Seine, Paris
Camera: Yashica Samurai
Film: Kodak Iso 200

Labels: , ,

10 Comments:

Blogger muchlove said...

oh so gorgeous. I'm jealous!!

7 September 2011 at 13:49  
Blogger Dawn said...

Quuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuestion. Why are all the padlocks on the fence? They look awesome, and it makes the place so much more interesting. Are they used as an expression of "I love this person" instead of the old "here, let's defile this monument and place by carving our names into this fence/post/rock/national symbol of hope."

7 September 2011 at 16:03  
Blogger Rhianne said...

@Dawn Yeah I think its meant to be more like that, we saw them on a bridge in Krakow too. They're love padlocks according to Wikipedia.

7 September 2011 at 16:13  
Blogger Brandi said...

These photos remind me of my own trips to Paris.

7 September 2011 at 16:51  
Blogger ashleyTIA said...

The padlocks are really cool! (and I spy cute shoes.) :)

7 September 2011 at 17:11  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you look beautiful darling.

7 September 2011 at 18:34  
Blogger ana said...

i love that part of paris. the locks are such a lovely thing to see & photograph. you got some awesome shots! yay!

7 September 2011 at 19:51  
Blogger Happy Homebird said...

I love that bridge with the padlocks. Stunning pics. x

8 September 2011 at 13:05  
Anonymous GeeGee said...

I like the padlocks too, I'm following the crowd. I also love the light on your hair in the first-paris-photo

8 September 2011 at 20:35  
Blogger Misty Chaos said...

Beautiful photos (!!) I love the bridge with all the padlocks ♥

10 September 2011 at 11:50  

Post a Comment

I love love love getting comments! Have a wonderful day and thanks for reading.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home