This Page

has been moved to new address

Alert: First time blogger (and she's a fan of digital photography)

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
For the easily distracted...: Alert: First time blogger (and she's a fan of digital photography)

This Page

has been moved to new address

Alert: First time blogger (and she's a fan of digital photography)

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
For the easily distracted...: Alert: First time blogger (and she's a fan of digital photography)

Friday, 25 June 2010

Alert: First time blogger (and she's a fan of digital photography)

Hi everyone, GeeGee here. This is my first guest blog post but I’ve been reading Rhianne’s blog for months now so I hope you forgive me for infiltrating her space.

As obsessed as Rhianne is with film photography, I’m similar with digital. We’ve (very) recently realised that opposites really must attract, as Rhianne has always admired precise design and one of the things she loves about her work is how accurate it must be, and yet she loves a medium that is so unpredictable.

On the other hand, I’m quite arty and messy yet I love the clarity and detail available with digital cameras, and since I bought my Panasonic Lumix camera a couple of years ago, it has been permanently attached to me.


The first photo is probably my favourite photograph I have ever taken, because it shows a little snippet of nature we can so rarely see in person: as the bee drinks from the flower. My own little Planet Earth moment!

Have a lovely weekend everyone!

7 Comments:

Anonymous Maddy said...

There's definitely pros to each form, but I agree that I love the details and precision of digital! Welcome to the blogosphere! Hopefully, you decide to make this a full time venture and create your blog somewhere in the near future ;o)

25 June 2010 at 15:00  
Blogger molly said...

beautiful photos!!!

25 June 2010 at 18:17  
Anonymous manilenya said...

yeah, I agree, opposites attract :)
your love for digital and Rheianne for films intersect on me :). I am using both, but just recently hook up with film.

love the last one.

25 June 2010 at 21:16  
Blogger ana said...

great photos! :)

26 June 2010 at 01:07  
Blogger Eadaoin said...

hello geegee, how lovely to see your work on here! i love the butterfly in your last photo :) i love both digital and film, there is just so much that you can do with both!

26 June 2010 at 10:24  
Blogger Cassie said...

I love digital and the ability to have an ability to change an error. I am not confident enough to use film I am afraid.

Gorgeous photos - the last one is stunning.
xx

27 June 2010 at 11:43  
Blogger Meghan said...

Your photos are stunning!

27 June 2010 at 18:44  

Post a Comment

I love love love getting comments! Have a wonderful day and thanks for reading.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home