This Page

has been moved to new address

Conflicted and overexposed...

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
For the easily distracted...: Conflicted and overexposed...

This Page

has been moved to new address

Conflicted and overexposed...

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
For the easily distracted...: Conflicted and overexposed...

Thursday, 30 June 2011

Conflicted and overexposed...

I'm having a love/hate relationship with the second half of photos from my last roll of ilford xp2.

On the one hand I am so disappointed with myself for not checking one of the fundamental switches on my diana mini (N not B, N not B) which means they are blurry and so overexposed... and the gardens at Harlow Carr were so pretty I was looking forward to sharing some lovely photos.

Yet on the other, I like the tones of the overexposure and the extreme grainyness of these photos - its almost like they've been painted with light...

Photo39_35APhoto40_36APhoto22_18APhoto23_19APhoto25_21APhoto27_23APhoto30_26APhoto31_27APhoto32_28A

What do you think? I'm completely torn over them...

Camera: Diana mini
Film: Ilford XP2 iso 400
Location: Harlow Carr Gardens, Harrogate

Labels: , , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Ann Marie said...

Oh, how I know the feeling of neglecting such a minor detail and getting film back that isn't what I was hoping for...however, these are lovely! Yes, like a painting.

I will definitely be coming around your neighborhood. I'll let you know when/where!

30 June 2011 at 15:53  
Blogger ana said...

agh. i hate when i do that. last photoswap i kept checking that on my holga - i was so nervous about it.

but i do really like the first and last. they look intentional - which i think there is a fine line in a lot of 'abstract-ish' photography, to make it look intentional. i do love the grain in all of them. i love grain. hah.

30 June 2011 at 20:49  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

errrgh :(
that is annoying, however they are still pretty
i do really like the photo with the pots & up-side-down plants

1 July 2011 at 01:17  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

These are amazing! I love how I get lost in them :)

P.S I love your new layout!

1 July 2011 at 01:30  
Blogger Cesar said...

the first three look like paintings. i like it

1 July 2011 at 07:36  
Blogger Courtney said...

i like that they look a little sepia and nostalgic. i have a rough time with my diana still.
they look like nice backdrops for painting over. do you ever make painted photos? i know some photographers are very much against painted photos, but these would work well with that.

7 July 2011 at 04:49  

Post a Comment

I love love love getting comments! Have a wonderful day and thanks for reading.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home