This Page

has been moved to new address

Experimenting with double exposures...

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
For the easily distracted...: Experimenting with double exposures...

This Page

has been moved to new address

Experimenting with double exposures...

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
For the easily distracted...: Experimenting with double exposures...

Monday, 6 June 2011

Experimenting with double exposures...

Photo26_22APhoto36_32APhoto31_27APhoto29_25APhoto37_33APhoto28_24APhoto39_35A

Sometimes I take things too seriously alot, especially taking photos and I tend to avoid double exposures... I always worry that I'll ruin a perfectly good photo by covering it with something rubbish. However I really needed to finish the film off in my Holga - it was in the camera for about 5 months I think - so I decided to play around with it a bit whilst I finished the roll around Leeds. What I didn't realise was that I'd put a 36 exposure film in, not the 24 I thought I was using - so I got more double exposures than I expected. Oops.

Location: Leeds
Camera: Holga 135bc
Film: I think it was a lomography colour negative iso 100.

Labels: , ,

18 Comments:

Blogger michelle said...

i am that way too, i am really scared that i will mess things up and i will waste my money when i develop. i need to get over this silly fear because i know film is meant to be experimented with!

6 June 2011 at 14:07  
Blogger Lindsay @ Delighted Momma said...

Well you definitely did not ruin the photos! The end product of these turned out really cool! I am still learning how to shoot in manual mode...so is is anything beyond that is super impressive to me LOL!

6 June 2011 at 15:05  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i have to say they look splendid! great job! i actually love the way they came out :)

6 June 2011 at 16:07  
Blogger Erin {pughs' news} said...

Double exposures have a certain magic about them, don't they? I love these!

6 June 2011 at 18:20  
Blogger sweet harvest moon said...

Great pictures!
I need to try this with my diana camera too

http://sweetharvestmoon.blogspot.com

6 June 2011 at 18:27  
Blogger Merette said...

They look great! I had problems doing doubles first, but I'm starting to really enjoy them. Just did doubles with another photographer and it is just interesting to see how the pictures turn out. And if I'm going somewhere I really want to have pictures from. I just bring two camera's ;)

6 June 2011 at 19:03  
Blogger Siobhan said...

The first shot is so M.C Escher, in photo form!

6 June 2011 at 19:37  
Blogger Thelma Frayne said...

These are cool, especially Thorton's Arcade!

6 June 2011 at 20:23  
Blogger ana said...

these came out lovely. i really like the 5th from the top. i'm always so scared to do double exposures. hah.

6 June 2011 at 20:55  
Blogger ashleyTIA said...

oh my! I've never tried double exposures - these are amazing. :)

7 June 2011 at 03:26  
Blogger Leeann @ Join the Gossip said...

Super rad photos!

7 June 2011 at 04:50  
Blogger Little queue said...

I haven't attempted double exposure yet many for the same reasons as you.

That first photo is amazing.

7 June 2011 at 11:16  
Blogger Anika said...

Really love that top image! This is what I loved to do most with my Holga... great shots!

7 June 2011 at 14:03  
Blogger Biostar said...

The results were great! The photos have such a lovely vintage feel to them.

7 June 2011 at 17:37  
Blogger Maddy said...

that first photo is a-maz-ing.

8 June 2011 at 16:04  
Blogger nicole mountz said...

i wish i could do this!! haha i would never ever get that awesome of a turn out. rhianne i love visiting your blog. it brings me back to when you and i lived and breathed everythig blogging haha and it was such a wonderful time of getting to know you:) love you hun.

10 June 2011 at 12:58  
Blogger Emily, Resplendent Tranquility said...

Wow. That first one is blowing my mind. Love it! :)

10 June 2011 at 21:54  
Blogger LizzyQue said...

the first photo is awesome! great piece of design

11 June 2011 at 16:31  

Post a Comment

I love love love getting comments! Have a wonderful day and thanks for reading.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home