This Page

has been moved to new address

A Paris sunset in X-Pro

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
For the easily distracted...: A Paris sunset in X-Pro

This Page

has been moved to new address

A Paris sunset in X-Pro

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
For the easily distracted...: A Paris sunset in X-Pro

Monday, 17 October 2011

A Paris sunset in X-Pro

After experimenting happily with Lomography's X-Pro Chrome film (see here for blog posts), I decided to order some of the Lomography X-Pro film to take to Paris as well (I mentioned it briefly here)

I was still undecided with this film at first, it is very green, and generally I'm not a massive fan of green. However, these photos of the sunset completely changed my mind, pretty much because, the sunset looked nothing like these photos! Haha.

Photo04_4Photo05_5Photo06_6Photo07_7Photo11_11

I knew that cross processing films (developing slide film with c-41 chemicals and vice versa) could create a massive colour shift in the results, but the X-Pro Chrome results are very subtle and these results are not subtle at all in comparison. I'm still amazed by how different that the colours are and also that I could never have predicted that this is how they would have turned out.

I'm so glad that I've started to experiment with different films in my cameras, it adds a new level and challenge to my photography and I'm really enjoying the results.

Camera: Superheadz Yellow Peace
Film: Lomography X-Pro 200
Location: River Seine, Paris.


p.s. If you're wondering what the colours actually look like, you can see Thomas's photos here.

Labels: , ,

12 Comments:

Blogger Meghan said...

These photos are so dreamy, Rhianne! They make me want to visit Paris once again immediately!

17 October 2011 at 11:47  
Blogger Unknown said...

I love these photos and the way the colours have shifted. I love Thomas' photos but I have to say these are my favourite by a country mile!

Maybe this will give me a kick to start playing around more with different films and effects instead of sticking to my favourite tried and tested ones!

17 October 2011 at 12:27  
Anonymous Eadaoin said...

Wow those are amazing colours!! I've never seen Paris look so cool hehe. I've never used any of the Lomography films, but this one looks like it's definitely worth a try :)

17 October 2011 at 13:46  
Blogger Sidsel T. said...

Wow, that's a strong color shift, but I like the results!

Definitely not the colors you think of when you think of Paris, but it's nice to see things differently every now and then!

17 October 2011 at 15:58  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

this is interesting, very appealing to the eye in both a muted and vibrant way (forgive the intense oxy moron). gorgeous photography!

17 October 2011 at 17:57  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh those are gorgeous! looove it.

17 October 2011 at 19:21  
Blogger Cesar said...

These are great, I really like the first one.

17 October 2011 at 21:17  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'm not a fan of green either but these are gorgerous
you must be so happy with the results

17 October 2011 at 23:21  
Blogger AelitaX said...

so beautiful ^^

17 October 2011 at 23:38  
Anonymous ZoĆ« {Conversation Pieces} said...

Those are super, super gorgeous! So moody and dramatic... and unlike any Paris pics I've seen before!

18 October 2011 at 21:07  
Blogger Astrid said...

These are great!

I'm very ambivalent to cross processing. Sometimes the result is great, other times the colors hurt my eyes. I've had both results ;-)

22 October 2011 at 14:06  
Blogger Jenni Austria Germany said...

this has got to be my favorite one of your posts!

26 October 2011 at 06:10  

Post a Comment

I love love love getting comments! Have a wonderful day and thanks for reading.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home