This Page

has been moved to new address

Experimenting with F Stops...

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
For the easily distracted...: Experimenting with F Stops...

This Page

has been moved to new address

Experimenting with F Stops...

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
For the easily distracted...: Experimenting with F Stops...

Friday, 25 November 2011

Experimenting with F Stops...

I actually don't remember the last time I was this excited about my photos... squeeeeeeee!!

Although Photo Meditations isn't a technical photography course, I did learn something new about F stops and I realised that I had actually taken some photos with my Ricoh camera where I had changed this setting and not realised the effect it would have (here and here, being good examples) At the time of developing them I realised that they were the kind of photos that I wanted to be taking... but I didn't know how I'd even done it.

So armed with knowledge, my new to me Olympus Trip and more enthusiasm than I've ever had on a foggy day, Thomas and I went for a walk around Kirkstall Abbey (and also a delicious roast dinner...) last Sunday and here are some of my favourite results.

Photo25_25 Photo24_24 Photo22_22 Photo20_20 Photo19_19Photo26_26 Photo18_18 Photo28_28

I was drawn to that yellow tree like a magpie to shiny things, it was a beacon in the mist and so pretty. I had to have a photo taken with it... I'm a bit sad that it's a little blurry but a lot of the photos were as I still have lots to learn.

I'm so glad that I learnt this though, most of my plastic cameras don't have this setting but two of my other film others do and it feels great to know now that I can take the type of photos that I want with a different camera and not feel limited by my equipment or knowledge.

In this one film of photos, I feel like I've pushed myself, my photos and what I can do. I've applied everything I'd already learnt combined it with new tricks and techniques and captured photos that I have been truly happy with. Although this does mean I'll be carrying even more cameras around with me now...

Location: Kirkstall Abbey, Leeds
Camera: Olympus Trip 35
Film: Expired Agfa Vista 200

Labels: , , , , , ,

17 Comments:

Blogger carly mary said...

rhi - you're so CUTE.
love these photos!

25 November 2011 at 16:07  
Blogger mina said...

love those light leaks. this looks like a really beautiful place to spend the day.

25 November 2011 at 16:12  
Blogger vk said...

I'm so glad for Thanksgiving break because I have the extra time to shoot some film. And reading your post today is very motivating! I have an Olympus Pen as well that hasn't gotten enough love these past months but will tomorrow!

And amazing photos you took especially that nice sharpness of the stones and tree stumps.

25 November 2011 at 16:34  
Anonymous Margrethe said...

Love these with photos, the light leaks suits them. My favorite pictures is the one with the birds. So amazing.

And I agree with carly - you're so cute! c:

25 November 2011 at 21:06  
Blogger Hannah, Lost in wishful thinking said...

Yay, welcome to the awesome world of apertures! Large apertures(the smaller numbers) are the best.. I can hardly bear to shoot anything without shallow depth of field.

And that tree is most definitely magnificent.

25 November 2011 at 22:57  
Blogger amberlee said...

Very nice. I love the silhouette and yellow tree. I need to get shooting, i have been sooooo slack.

26 November 2011 at 02:03  
Blogger mizhenka said...

Your photographs are wonderful!

26 November 2011 at 14:11  
Blogger JacPfef said...

beautiful photos, lovely!

26 November 2011 at 21:25  
Anonymous antonella said...

Great photos Rhianne! Love all of them! The weather is perfect for the location too

27 November 2011 at 11:07  
Blogger Tiffany said...

These are AMAZING!

27 November 2011 at 15:29  
Blogger Joy said...

These look really really good.

28 November 2011 at 01:06  
Blogger Saucy Siciliana said...

You're a great photographer, fabulous photos, it was like taking a trip to Leeds, thank you. I am following you from Rome, Italy!

28 November 2011 at 09:09  
Anonymous ZoĆ« {Conversation Pieces} said...

Oh wow, the one with the birds flying up is amazing... also the red with the yellow, brill! You look super happy too :) If you lived nearer to me, I'd be insisting you taught a course!

28 November 2011 at 21:18  
Blogger Marz said...

I always love getting lost in your photos. The one with the birds is AMAZING! Love, love, love! You look so beautiful in the last one :)

29 November 2011 at 03:37  
Blogger Red Boots said...

I think these might be my favourite photos of yours yet! That one with the birds is especially amazing!!

29 November 2011 at 13:19  
Blogger Laura said...

Beautiful images here Rhianne :) love the shot of the birds too. And the one of Thomas in the archway.

2 December 2011 at 16:18  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

gorgeous. i love your photos. you are easily one of my favorite photographers. xoxo

7 December 2011 at 20:30  

Post a Comment

I love love love getting comments! Have a wonderful day and thanks for reading.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home