This Page

has been moved to new address

And the camera is...

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
For the easily distracted...: And the camera is...

This Page

has been moved to new address

And the camera is...

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
For the easily distracted...: And the camera is...

Tuesday, 22 November 2011

And the camera is...

A fair number of you got it right and I'm so glad about that. 

vintage chair full

 
This beautiful photo by JMK Photos is the main reason that I've decided to experiment more with my instax mini recently - when I first saw it I thought it was a polaroid film of some sort, its so soft and delicate yet the contrasts are strong, I loved it straight away. Imagine my surprise when I realised it was from a fuji instax camera!

The reason I had this little quiz was really a reminder to myself what great cameras and films the instax family are.  They can be considered a bit of a gimmick and normally get a unjust negative comparison to polaroids but I think every camera is what you make of it and if you're willing to experiment a bit and believe that you can produce the results you want then with effort, you can.

You can see the rest of my recent instax mini photos here...

p.s. I normally keep the frame on my instax minis when I scan them but I'm wondering if I should remove it from some, as sometimes it feels like it detracts from the beauty and the quality of the image.

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

Anonymous angie said...

Beautiful! I have an Instax mini too - if you can stop the flash going off it can be really rather lovely!

22 November 2011 at 19:52  
Anonymous angie said...

...oh, and I was also going to say - I am definitely a 'remove the frame' sort of girl - I want every pixel at my disposal to be dedicated to the image. That's just me though, either way they will look fabulous!

22 November 2011 at 19:55  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh wow, I'd never guessed. There's a big chance I would get one for Xmas, so now I'm looking forward to it even more! Thank you for the inspiration! xx

22 November 2011 at 22:00  
Blogger chaton de luxe said...

Hello! I'm doing photomeditations too! I love looking at your blog! Annemarie

23 November 2011 at 08:16  
Blogger InĂªs Seabra said...

yay! I got it right!
Really, lomo and plastic cameras are just showing that you can make beautiful photos just by putting some love in it. It's just a matter of experimenting, trying new things and understanding what each camera can do with the light. It wonders me each and every time. :)

25 November 2011 at 01:26  
Blogger Sidsel T. said...

This is so beautiful! I often underrate fuji instax too. Mostly because I have two Polaroid SX-70 which not only produce amazing pictures, but also look so good!
I guess my problem with the instax mini is that I only have the Diana F+ Instant Back, which is fun but also makes you waste tons of pictures. I'd love to get myself a proper Instax camera, maybe that Piano Black that's been tempting me for months... gotta add it to my xmas wishlist!
Have a lovely weekend!
PS. I guess removing the frame is the only way to have people looking at your instax pictures with no prejudice.

26 November 2011 at 09:32  

Post a Comment

I love love love getting comments! Have a wonderful day and thanks for reading.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home