This Page

has been moved to new address

Fireworks and Sparklers!!

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
For the easily distracted...: Fireworks and Sparklers!!

This Page

has been moved to new address

Fireworks and Sparklers!!

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
For the easily distracted...: Fireworks and Sparklers!!

Thursday, 15 December 2011

Fireworks and Sparklers!!

I'm normally very wary of the blub switch on my cameras - it usually causes frustrating results that feel like I've wasted the film. 

However, after reading Lomo Lovers Vol 4, I decided that Bonfire night was the perfect reason to experiment with it more, especially in taking photos of the fireworks and sparklers!
Photo05_1APhoto11_7APhoto13_9APhoto15_11APhoto18_14APhoto24_20A

Aren't they amazing?! I LOVE fireworks, so the whole thing was far too much fun for me!

I did originally plan to double expose the roll as in the Lomo Lover's guide but I was impatient to get it developed, so I didn't. Next year I think I will though now that I know the blub setting works wonderfully with the fireworks. I'm excited about it already.

Camera: Holga 135bc
Film: Lomography CN 800
Location: Leeds

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh amazing !! they turned out perfectly, great job.

just found your blog, thought i'd say hello from a fellow photographer :)

15 December 2011 at 14:18  
Blogger Dawn said...

Hell yes, this is amazing! I think you had it right--that this was the perfect place to use it! These turned out magnificently! I think you were really able to capture the exploding, bright, magical "oohs" and "aahs" that we all sense.

15 December 2011 at 15:10  
Anonymous GeeGee said...

Does this mean that we can arrange another fireworks night before next year? Maybe New Years eve? were the cameras on a tripod? not sure if they'd need to be completely steady to get the movement without any ..smudging of the lines. Next time -word spelling!! you could have a couple of people spelling at the same time to make a sentence

15 December 2011 at 16:12  
Blogger Shirley said...

Hello I've just found your blog and just want to say I'm enjoying your analogue photos!

15 December 2011 at 16:39  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

AMAZING! I think they turned out perfect!
I love that they really pop!

15 December 2011 at 16:42  
Blogger Merette said...

Great shots! so clear.

15 December 2011 at 18:28  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

so fun! i love them too :)

16 December 2011 at 00:05  
Blogger Unknown said...

Stunning! I love photos of fireworks...they always just look amazing!

16 December 2011 at 21:38  
Blogger muchlove said...

oh yes, these are amazing!! I've always wanted to take photos of fireworks but never knew how to. I need to try!

17 December 2011 at 21:48  
Blogger Kristen said...

these are so pretty. I love fireworks too but never manage to take such cool photos of them!

18 December 2011 at 22:08  
Blogger InĂªs Seabra said...

wow! really amazing!

21 December 2011 at 00:31  
Blogger BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

Those are beyond cool lady!

21 December 2011 at 01:53  

Post a Comment

I love love love getting comments! Have a wonderful day and thanks for reading.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home