This Page

has been moved to new address

Starting all over again...

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
For the easily distracted...: Starting all over again...

This Page

has been moved to new address

Starting all over again...

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
For the easily distracted...: Starting all over again...

Thursday, 22 December 2011

Starting all over again...

Sometimes I wonder why I keep getting new cameras - with each one, I feel like I take a massive step backwards as I have to relearn each camera - it's quirks, its manual settings and well, everything about it and then apply all that I've learnt into taking the photos that I want to take.

And my refurbished LC-A is proving to have a very steep learning curve... but here are some of the better results from Roll 2 - I think the one of me is probably the best and I didn't even take it, haha.
Photo05_5Photo06_6

{theres that camera again, love it}

Photo17_17Photo33_33 Photo34_34Photo36_36Photo37_37Photo39_39Photo40_40

The first two photos are from the Lomography Xmas meet up and the rest were taken in Minehead.

The great thing about testing this camera is that as it has a light meter, I can try photos inside and also when its a bit grim or dark outside - the chandelier and the carousel in particular, I never would have taken with my other cameras, as I know their restrictions... but this camera has amazing potential for variety which I'm really looking forward to exploring more.


Camera: Refurbished LC-A (from 1992, I checked)
Film: Lomography Xpro Chrome
Location: Leeds and Minehead, England

Labels: , , ,

16 Comments:

Blogger ChinkyGirLMeL said...

I only have one camera which I bought March of this year and I'm still trying to figure out how to use it. =) great photos!

22 December 2011 at 11:44  
Blogger deadweight on velveteen said...

these are just wonderful. It seems to be that film is ever so much more timeless than digital. great shots. have a spectacular festive season!!

22 December 2011 at 11:52  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

These are amazing. I'm scared to start shooting film, quite honestly! But pictures like these make me desperate to start.

22 December 2011 at 11:57  
Blogger Megan said...

These photos are so beautiful! I love the colors of them all so much.

22 December 2011 at 12:02  
Anonymous ZoĆ« {Conversation Pieces} said...

That pic of you is lovely :) I like the trees against the sky too. Good to know that even with your camera experience, it still takes some getting to grips with... my polaroid shots with the carboot find have been a little ropey so far! ;)

Hope you have a lovely Christmas xx

22 December 2011 at 12:16  
Blogger muchlove said...

These are great Rhianne! I can't wait to see the results from my LC-A+. I really have no idea what to expect! I've been playing around with taking shots in low light as well, it would be awesome if those turn out well - because that's been the main disadvantage of most other film cameras.. in that I feel I need lots of sunlight if I want decent photos!

22 December 2011 at 12:19  
Blogger Magali Vaz said...

I know what you mean Rhianne! In the past few months I have bought 10 or 12 film cameras & used almost all of them.
Each camera is different. Some I use once or twice & set aside. Some I want to keep reloading & shooting with & taking everywhere I go.
My latest purchase is one of my favorites & I'm very glad I bought it.
I have a vintage LC-A like yours, it's an amazing camera that I've always got lovely results with. I always use it with auto aperture though, manual is only when I'm using a flash like the Diana flash with it.
Have fun with yours! :)
www.Magalic.com

22 December 2011 at 12:30  
Anonymous GeeGee said...

amazing to see a camera working indoors as well as outside...
I like the chandelier one, because as I was scrolling it looked like a woman looking down at the chandelier - the lights on the ceiling are her head, the sides of the walls are her arms and she's wearing a low red tinsel necklance!

22 December 2011 at 16:08  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well... you got really nice pics so I guess getting new cameras worth the pain in your case =)

22 December 2011 at 19:04  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have such an amazing way of capturing moments and really bringing life to them. I love your skills. You're so inspiring!

22 December 2011 at 22:17  
Blogger Courtney said...

oh- these are pretty. i especially love the first two photos. lovely colors.

22 December 2011 at 23:57  
Blogger Sigrid said...

Well, I think they're all beautiful. Especially love the first one, and the one of the leafless trees...
Have been enjoying your blog for some time now, and decided it was about time I left you a comment. You're so inspiring! I have yet to get a Lomo camera, but I will, I really will...

23 December 2011 at 09:08  
Blogger elle :: dare my wild heart said...

The LC-A is such a great camera!! It even smells awesome.

My biggest tip when shooting in lower light - hold your finger on the shutter button until you hear the second click. Otherwise the shutter will close early and the photo will be under exposed.

23 December 2011 at 18:46  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

MerryGoRounds win me every single time. Beautiful.
xoxox

24 December 2011 at 12:48  
Blogger mysterymoor said...

I love the ones of the dark blue skies and the trees, the grain is so good!

26 December 2011 at 21:40  
Anonymous Rachel said...

I just got a roll back from my new Olympus XA today and the photos were just blah. I'm beginning to think that these cameras + cross processed slide film + cloudy days are just not doing it for me. I need to save my xpro for the sun! Your photos turned out so beautiful though. I love the soft colors and all the nice blues. Maybe I shouldn't give up just yet!

29 December 2011 at 19:18  

Post a Comment

I love love love getting comments! Have a wonderful day and thanks for reading.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home