This Page

has been moved to new address

Our newest toy...

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
For the easily distracted...: Our newest toy...

This Page

has been moved to new address

Our newest toy...

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
For the easily distracted...: Our newest toy...

Monday, 9 November 2009

Our newest toy...

My Dad is one of my favourite people in the whole world so really he didn't have to give lend me his old camera as I would still love him, but boy I am glad that he did!!


So here it is our new (old) camera to play with: An Olympus OM10 SLR camera from 1979 - this camera is older than me!

(sorry this isn't a great picture)

I'm really surprised I haven't blogged about this sooner as I am completely in love with this camera: I love how it looks, how heavy it is, how the dials make little noises when you turn them and the fact there is still half a film in there from who knows when - I'm so excited to finish the roll and see what the photos are!

p.s. Sorry this isnt a post about our weekend - Gee still has the photos :)

p.s.s. The wonderful Cassie is promising a giveaway at 100 followers and she only has 14 more to go. As one of the lovely ladies featured on Diamond in the Rough you know that you want to follow her! x

Labels: , , ,

20 Comments:

Blogger Elsical said...

OOF, that camera looks divine!
Do tell it I said hi ;)
And enjoy your time using it!

xxx

9 November 2009 at 14:54  
Blogger nicole mountz said...

RHIANNE!! my family and i have been cleaning out our house and i found that EXACT.. ok maybe not exact i dont ahve it infront of me but it looks just like taht camera!! ill take a pic of it tonight hahah! how cool! wow how many exclamation points can i use in one post! lol:)

9 November 2009 at 15:05  
Blogger Saskia said...

How wonderful Rhianne!! it looks like it's going to take FABULOUS photos (:

xxx

9 November 2009 at 15:14  
Blogger Farah said...

omg! that is so cool! and that it's still working! lol. it'll be really interesting to see the pictures from that roll of film! ;)

xo

9 November 2009 at 15:40  
Blogger Cassie said...

How exciting to get a camera with a film already part used - I would be frantically using it up to get it developed if it were me - but I am impatient! hee hee
Hope had a fab weekend - did you get any great Ikea finds I am off to Bluewater/Ikea on Thursday for my sins!
xx

9 November 2009 at 15:43  
Blogger Make do Mum said...

Jealous! That camera is proper old school. I am saving my pennies for a digital SLR (I know - not as fun as real film!)

9 November 2009 at 16:31  
Blogger Cassandra Dias said...

Thanks so much for the giveaway mention and the link! :D

xoxo
Cassie

9 November 2009 at 16:38  
Blogger Unknown said...

I love vintage cameras. I can't wait to see how it shoots!

9 November 2009 at 17:03  
Blogger Yelena R. said...

Wow it looks great! Can't wait to see your photos :)

9 November 2009 at 18:04  
Blogger Paulina said...

oooo can't wait to see how the roll of film finishes off!!! How exciting.

PS: cassie is the winner of my 100th post giveaway I held last week. I just shot her a little message to let her know...

9 November 2009 at 18:47  
Anonymous marisa said...

love this... i have an old camera of my dads as well. they are the best. started my roll over the weekend.

9 November 2009 at 19:02  
Blogger Emma Lavelle said...

Oh I am so jealous! Cannot wait to see the photos you take xx

9 November 2009 at 19:27  
Blogger Adele said...

I want old cameras to play around with too! When i was in london last weekend I almost bought a few I saw along portobello....I will return. (: xo

9 November 2009 at 19:42  
Anonymous Ge said...

photos are on the way, Mizz, honest!Actually, check with Clurrr x

9 November 2009 at 20:51  
Blogger janis said...

oohh! have fun! can't wait to see the results.

10 November 2009 at 02:31  
Blogger AmyK said...

So cool! And gah! I need to do what I promised and take a picture of Hubby's old cameras!

10 November 2009 at 03:03  
Blogger mina said...

new cameras are so much fun. it's going to be really hard for me not to buy a bunch more while we're traveling....& thanks so much for the well wishes.

10 November 2009 at 05:14  
Blogger Jill said...

That camera looks so fun! You'll have to post the pics. I love finding a roll of film and not knowing what's on it!

10 November 2009 at 10:34  
Blogger Shokoofeh said...

Oh I have one SLR old Olympus as well!!! :D

10 November 2009 at 14:33  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

aah! i have a nikkormat from my dad, which looks kinda the same, also with half a roll of unknown pics in it!!

10 November 2009 at 21:42  

Post a Comment

I love love love getting comments! Have a wonderful day and thanks for reading.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home