This Page

has been moved to new address

Rollright Stones

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
For the easily distracted...: Rollright Stones

This Page

has been moved to new address

Rollright Stones

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
For the easily distracted...: Rollright Stones

Tuesday, 7 June 2011

Rollright Stones

During our week away in April we took a small detour through the beautiful English countryside (which I love more and more) to a place called The Rollright Stones.

It truly amazes me that I have never heard of these before as they are just as old as Stone Henge* and also as mysterious in their origins, it was truly amazing to look at these stones and know that they were so so much older than everything around them.

Photo24_21_1Photo25_22_2Photo26_23_1Photo25_22_1Photo26_23_2Photo24_21_2

and I also took just the one photo with my diana mini... I love the colours that were captured so beautifully in the sunshine with the Yashica Samurai above but something about the soft tones of the Ilford black and white film just takes my breath away.

Photo30_30

*Thinking about it, its a good thing we didn't go to Stone Henge as I'm not sure Thomas could resist the Spinal Tap jokes... haha.

Location: The Rollright Stones., England
Camera: Yashica Samurai (C) and Diana Mini (B&W)
Film: Lomography Colour Negagive iso 400 and Ilford XP2 iso 400 (B&W)

Labels: , ,

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i wish i woke up every morning with that view!

7 June 2011 at 15:20  
Blogger Ashley said...

I found Stonehenge disappointing. I was expecting them to be HUGE and to be able to get closer. (I'm a silly American. *haha*) I would have preferred to see these beauties in their ancient simplicity!

7 June 2011 at 15:44  
Blogger Krysten @ Why Girls Are Weird said...

Wow these are so cool! Really need pics!

7 June 2011 at 16:47  
Blogger sweet harvest moon said...

Very beautiful pictures! What a view!

http://sweetharvestmoon.blogspot.com

7 June 2011 at 17:39  
Blogger ana said...

how lovely. :) that last photo is so perfect.

7 June 2011 at 18:04  
Anonymous GeeGee said...

The Rollright stones are in such a great location - gotta love the Chilterns :) I think I need to ask Mr T about these Spinal Tap jokes! I like the black and white with the couple sitting in the background

7 June 2011 at 19:12  
Blogger Siobhan said...

lovely colours in these pics, those rocks are so interesting looking!

7 June 2011 at 19:35  
Blogger Joy said...

Super gorgeous! Always love your photographs!

7 June 2011 at 20:34  
Blogger jenny stardust said...

oh! being an archaeologist i love this post! thanks for sharing! and also... great photos! good compositions. and how darling is the last diana mini pic with the two sitting on the field.. behind the ancient stones.. past and present! love it!

7 June 2011 at 23:32  
Blogger jenny stardust said...

and also.. thanks for responding on the grainyness of the diana mini. the black and white film is def less to none grainy. i might go for it!

7 June 2011 at 23:36  

Post a Comment

I love love love getting comments! Have a wonderful day and thanks for reading.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home