This Page

has been moved to new address

Knaresborough - Capturing the details with my holga...

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
For the easily distracted...: Knaresborough - Capturing the details with my holga...

This Page

has been moved to new address

Knaresborough - Capturing the details with my holga...

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
For the easily distracted...: Knaresborough - Capturing the details with my holga...

Friday, 8 July 2011

Knaresborough - Capturing the details with my holga...

Since experimenting with expired film with my Ricoh (which I need to take out again) I've been dying to try it out in other cameras - last weekend was the perfect opportunity to try it with my wee Helga the Holga.

The fun of taking two cameras around with you all the time is trying to balance what to take photos of - it's easy to take the same picture twice but I think I've finally craked it - one to capture to details, one to capture the 'feel'... The redscale in my superheadz captured the feel of Knaresborough wonderfully and it left me free to capture the details of Knaresborough and to experiment with the focus a little more with my holga.

1
Photo04_0APhoto05_1APhoto06_2APhoto18_14A3Photo21_17APhoto28_24APhoto29_25APhoto24_20A2
I'm really beginning to enjoy capturing the details that perhaps others might not see - the beautiful letter box, the battered old signs, the lovely colours in the windows... they take my breath away. And I just love the cat...

Happy weekend!
I'm going to try not to take too many photos, I still have too many to share :)

p.s. G - did you see the name of the road in one of the pictures? You'll like it...

p.p.s. I just noticed that Harry snuck into the last photo, this makes me happy.

Labels: , , ,

15 Comments:

Blogger Gracie said...

I love the little details too. The letter box is pretty amazing. And all those shops are wonderful. The old English writing...pretty

8 July 2011 at 13:49  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lovely photos! I love photo number three!

8 July 2011 at 15:02  
Blogger Wellies and Vogue said...

amazing photos - love them all and the little details are always the best! looks like a beautiful place to take some photos x

8 July 2011 at 15:07  
Blogger M.M.E. said...

Absolutely gorgeous! I love the 'Working Men's Club'. Haha.

8 July 2011 at 16:10  
Anonymous GeeGee said...

I like the street name! Even if seasonally appropriate 11/12th of the time. I cant see Harry though :( which photo is he in? the sign post images are all lovely and directional

8 July 2011 at 17:36  
Blogger Red Boots said...

Beautiful photos as always Rhianne! That one of the postbox is especially beautiful! x

8 July 2011 at 20:04  
Blogger mysterymoor said...

I'm a fan of the details and the colours :) Well done, lady.

8 July 2011 at 21:03  
Blogger Chelsea Finn said...

Wow, these are all so beautiful! I have always wanted to experiment with film cameras.

<3Chelsea Elizabeth
http://www.organizedxxmess.blogspot.com

8 July 2011 at 22:18  
Blogger Lynne said...

Mmm, think I went to a wedding here last year - love the old chemist's sign!

8 July 2011 at 22:22  
Blogger jenny stardust said...

nice pics as always!

8 July 2011 at 22:24  
Blogger Merette said...

Beautiful pictures. I think I would have to put knaresborough on my travel to do list. And perhaps the holga on my camera to do one ;)

9 July 2011 at 09:18  
Blogger elle :: dare my wild heart said...

Lovely photos Rhianne. What a cute little village.

10 July 2011 at 23:32  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

the images you captured are beautiful, Rhianne -- oh, big love!!

hey, i received my order. THANK YOU so much!!

11 July 2011 at 08:01  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

lovvvve that cat photo <3

11 July 2011 at 10:17  
Blogger Brandi said...

I have been taking pictures of lettering all around town lately, happy to see that I am not the only person who does so :)

11 July 2011 at 16:57  

Post a Comment

I love love love getting comments! Have a wonderful day and thanks for reading.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home