This Page

has been moved to new address

Paris in film: Lomo Xpro

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
For the easily distracted...: Paris in film: Lomo Xpro

This Page

has been moved to new address

Paris in film: Lomo Xpro

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
For the easily distracted...: Paris in film: Lomo Xpro

Tuesday, 29 November 2011

Paris in film: Lomo Xpro

The last time I blogged about Paris I gushed about the Lomography X-pro Chrome film because when I love something... I really love it. But when I don't... I really don't.

And I do not like this Lomography X-pro film (not to be confused with the X-pro Chrome). In fact I'm incredibly frustrated as I really do love the composition, angle and content of these photos, yet the choice of film has really spoilt them for me. It's taken me this long to upload them onto Flickr and on here just because of the disappointment. What do you think?
Photo24_24Photo30_30Photo28_28Photo34_34Photo29_29Photo25_25

I love the cross processed distortion with the sunset photos because the colours were rich and gorgeous, and as with the chrome, the blues and turquoises are lovely, yet the overall green/yellow tone in these seems sickly and insipid in comparison to me. I really want to like them... but I just can't seem too.

On another note, these photos were taken at the Le Grande Arch de la Defence, which is outside the main city of Paris in the business district and it was a massive culture shock for us after spending the week in the city. It felt like we had travelled to the future haha.

Location: Le Grande Arch de la Defense, Paris
Film: Lomography X-Pro 200
Camera: Superheadz Yellow Peace


Labels: , ,

10 Comments:

Anonymous antonella said...

I agree with you on the fact that some are way too greenish but I'd give the film another chance. Maybe with a dull winter sky?

29 November 2011 at 12:07  
Blogger Katerina said...

Definitely more striking when capturing the vivid tones of a sunset but these shots are still beautiful in their own right. A little on the green side but you manage to pull it off none the less :)

29 November 2011 at 13:01  
Blogger JacPfef said...

It does have an unflattering green tint. It's very subtle, and you're right, the composition is beautiful, but the green does throw it a bit. Not sure how opposed to doctoring film photos in photoshop, but id say go add some magenta to balance it and save these beautiful pictures!

29 November 2011 at 13:54  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I do agree with what you say about the green, but I honestly love these pictures. I love the first one, it's gorgeous.
Maybe I just like anything you snap, but I think you did great, even if the film wasn't the best!

29 November 2011 at 15:39  
Anonymous Michel said...

I still love the photos, the composition is amazing. Putting all of the photos together like this makes the green really stand out but if you only had a couple of shots posted or possibly put them all together in a mosaic you'd end up likeiing them more. I think they're really interesting!

Michel (from your PM class :)

30 November 2011 at 01:15  
Blogger Magali Vaz said...

I do see the green you mention. I had an ugly greenish yellow that resembled a fluroscent marker when I used this film, but overall I quite like your results. Their beautiful! I definitely think they're lovely!
www.Magalic.com

30 November 2011 at 01:53  
Blogger thegirlhassparke said...

To be honest I know next to nothing about photography but I think these photos are fantastic! I am glad they made it onto the interwebs hehe.
Oh Paris, what lovely nostalgia.

30 November 2011 at 07:32  
Blogger Cesar said...

The first shot is amazing. I'm not really liking the green hue you get with X-Pro film too, I'd rather shoot a roll of redscale than X-Pro myself. These turned out really great btw.

30 November 2011 at 21:05  
Blogger Dawn said...

See, and for me, I really like these! What you actually photographed is composed nicely, so I don't think the colors matter. I think it makes them more interesting, as well as easier to digest. What drew me to them were the shades of blue and green, but that is just me.

Also, those glass panels are the coolest thing I've seen all morning.

1 December 2011 at 16:41  
Blogger Courtney said...

Beautiful color. I love all of the rich blues and greens. Also like your pretty wintery sidebar design!

1 December 2011 at 17:50  

Post a Comment

I love love love getting comments! Have a wonderful day and thanks for reading.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home