This Page

has been moved to new address

The Vivitar Ghost...

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
For the easily distracted...: The Vivitar Ghost...

This Page

has been moved to new address

The Vivitar Ghost...

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
For the easily distracted...: The Vivitar Ghost...

Tuesday, 3 April 2012

The Vivitar Ghost...

Photo23_23

I've blogged before about the unexpected surprises that I've had from my Superheadz Slim and Wide... and now I know that this occurance has a name... the 'Vivitar Ghost!' isn't that cool!(Thanks Adam)

I think I've finally figured out what causes this as well... the wrist strap!

Though of course not directly, but without the wrist strap, I wouldn't carry this camera around the way that I do, it wouldn't swing around all the time whilst I'm carrying it and that wouldn't move the shutter just a little bit to expose the film with streaks...
It makes sense when you think about it.

The above photo was an experiment to see if swinging it around would actually cause this to happen and if anything I think the experiement went too well as I've managed to overexpose the frame rather than streak it... oops. But still, it's so exciting!

I think I'm going to have to experiment further and see what happens...

I love film!!!

Labels: , , , , ,

13 Comments:

Blogger Deb said...

What a brilliant discovery! I have images now of you swinging the camera round your head and things to get the effect ;-) The photo looks great.

3 April 2012 at 12:21  
Blogger Magali Vaz said...

Haha I have this camera but only ran one roll through it. I heard about this after your comment on Curating Cuteness, I must give it a try too. :)

3 April 2012 at 13:23  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

the photo looks amazing, i love it.

3 April 2012 at 18:19  
Blogger Conversation Pieces said...

Oh cool! Wow, never thought that something like swinging it around on the wrist strap could do that! Film is pretty ace :)

4 April 2012 at 11:03  
Blogger Rhianne said...

haha, I did do that :) thanks, i'm definitely going to try it again!

4 April 2012 at 11:20  
Blogger Rhianne said...

you must, let me know if it works too :)

4 April 2012 at 11:21  
Blogger Rhianne said...

thanks love, I'm really glad you like it

4 April 2012 at 11:22  
Blogger Rhianne said...

I didn't either at first... it must have a slightly loose shutter to be able to get that results I think so I dont think it would work with other cameras, but you never know :)

4 April 2012 at 11:22  
Blogger Katerina said...

What an awesome anomaly!
I had concerns about how some of my rolls would turn out since I rough house my white angel quite a bit (and drop it on a regular basis). Your results have me excited to see what surprises lay in store for me.
I hope they're even a fraction as interesting as yours :)

4 April 2012 at 14:55  
Blogger Rhianne said...

Oh I hope you do get some exciting results from it - you have to be quite rough with it really to get this result, of the 9 rolls that I've used in it, I've had this happen perhaps 5 times in total? Let me know what results you get!

4 April 2012 at 15:20  
Anonymous Monica said...

oh you could manage some really interesting images. part effort part chance.

5 April 2012 at 13:56  
Blogger Rhianne said...

That last sentence sums up film pretty well I think Monica, I like it!

5 April 2012 at 14:01  
Blogger ana said...

i kind of think this is awesome :)

13 April 2012 at 02:16  

Post a Comment

I love love love getting comments! Have a wonderful day and thanks for reading.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home