This Page

has been moved to new address

12 for 2012 - Camera 3

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
For the easily distracted...: 12 for 2012 - Camera 3

This Page

has been moved to new address

12 for 2012 - Camera 3

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
For the easily distracted...: 12 for 2012 - Camera 3

Monday, 2 April 2012

12 for 2012 - Camera 3

As part of my 'take more photos' goal for this year - I decided that I wanted to use more of the cameras that I haven't actually used before in my collection.

I'll admit that March's camera nearly didn't happen... I had an idea to use one of my unused 35mm cameras, but the month flew by and it got to last weekend and I realised... oops, it's 31st of March.
Luckily for me, earlier in March the Impossible Project film and polaroid camera that I won from One Pearl Button arrived (Thank you so much again Alli!) and I decided that March was the month to try it!

12 for 2012 - #3 Polaroid P 600oopsyellow blossomAbbey DoorDaffodilsKirkstall Abbey

Rather than using the camera that arrived with the film (I think I'll pop the B&W film in there) I decided to try out the first polaroid camera that Thomas found for me in 2009, I remember being so excited about it at the time so it seems unbelievable to me that I still haven't used it...

Overall, I'm undecided on these photos... I love polaroids but I think that I love other photographers polaroid results more than I ever like my own. How do they do it?! These results to me look really green (and I'm not a fan of green in photos) and I am still disappointed by the undeveloped patches (apparently a known problem to The Impossible Project but still...) especially in that last photo, there should have been a beautiful blossom tree there.

Perhaps I'll get the hang of them eventually. Or perhaps I'll leave it to the more patient experts...

Camera: Polaroid P 600
Film: Impossible Project PX680 Colour Shade
Location: Kirkstall Abbey


Labels: , , , , , , , ,

18 Comments:

Anonymous Debra said...

Don't give up on Impossible Rhianne! It's all trial and error and chemistry and frankly, magic, especially with the colour film. You may have done this but I find that a little warmth after the film ejects (taking it straight from the camera and tucking it into an armpit!) tones down the greens and brings up the warm tones. Have fun with it. I'll bet you find the black and whites to be sublime.

2 April 2012 at 15:03  
Blogger Rhianne said...

Ohhh, I wish I had known that before... I still have 3 left in that pack, I will try the armpit trick lol. I liked the B&W I tried before, so I'm looking forward to trying the next pack too - I just hope they don't fade as much or as fast...

2 April 2012 at 15:23  
Blogger Magali Vaz said...

It's inspiring to see these results. I purchased an SX-70 & am still scared to buy film for it!

2 April 2012 at 16:01  
Blogger Bleah Briann//Lovely said...

Oh wow. So beautiful. :) I have a Polaroid but I haven't been willing to spend the money on film. With Graduation coming up though I might just look into that. My polariod is from the 50's though, so I might have to get it repaired.
Anyway. Great job. :)

xx,
Bleah

2 April 2012 at 16:01  
Anonymous Michelle said...

I really like the tones in these! I think they're great.

2 April 2012 at 17:19  
Blogger Conversation Pieces said...

I think they're ace but I agree I often prefer other people's to mine... think it's just the expectation. Our old polaroid ones come out quite murky too (which was a surprise after using the instax for so long) unless it's a really, really super super bright day of course!

4 April 2012 at 11:05  
Blogger Luzmaría Alam said...

Looks rare, but in general not bad :D I want a fuji poloroid

have a nice day

4 April 2012 at 22:19  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've heard with the Impossible Project film you have to shield it from the light right as it comes out of the camera for the first 4 minutes or so. I haven't bought any to try yet but they say the Impossible Project film is really sensitive.

5 April 2012 at 02:19  
Blogger Rhianne said...

Oh, I prob should have mentioned that I used a frog tongue to shield it and then put it inside a book for 15 minutes until I looked at it, I got the exposure right but not the temperature apparently... its very sensitive thought you're right.

5 April 2012 at 08:27  
Blogger Rhianne said...

I love my fuji mini, I really like the colours from the film too so I definitely recommend that.

5 April 2012 at 08:27  
Blogger Rhianne said...

this was one of the brightest days we've had for a while which was why I took it out... it is a surprise after the instax though I agree.

5 April 2012 at 08:28  
Blogger Rhianne said...

Thanks Michelle

5 April 2012 at 08:29  
Blogger Rhianne said...

Thank you! Ohhh, what polaroid camera do you have?

5 April 2012 at 08:29  
Blogger Rhianne said...

Ohhh, think most of the results that I've really loved have come from an SX-70, I'm a little jealous :)

5 April 2012 at 08:34  
Blogger Unknown said...

RHIANNE STOP BEING SO INSPIRING YOU ARE DAMAGING MY BANK BALANCE! seriously every time you mention a new camera/film/technique I'm there googling it going "oooh I'd like to try that" although that impossible project film is super expensive! I like these polaroids, their quirks make them special, but I too am not a fan of green in photos. Let's hope Impossible Project iron out the kinks and maybe lower the prices! xo

5 April 2012 at 11:54  
Blogger Rhianne said...

haha sorry Zoe. It is crazy expensive though I agree... I hope they do iron out the kinks but I'm more worried that they'll put the prices up once they have :/ I'm not sure I could really justify that, especially when the instax film is cheaper... it will be interesting to see what happens

5 April 2012 at 12:11  
Blogger elle :: dare my wild heart said...

I love that you have set a goal to take more photos, when you're already such an amazing (and prolific!) photographer.

You're right, Impossible film does take some patience. The Silver Shade (B&W) is a little easier. Also, this particular film has been greatly improved recently... perhaps try out the Colour Shade films again soon.

8 April 2012 at 09:17  
Blogger ana said...

i have the same issue with polaroids at time. a sight love-hate, but when i love it's true deep love :)

i do love the one of the tree & power lines and that first odd/abstract one. sometimes that undeveloped patch is placed perfectly but other times it just gobbles the photo up.

i love the deep blues of the film :)

13 April 2012 at 02:15  

Post a Comment

I love love love getting comments! Have a wonderful day and thanks for reading.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home