This Page

has been moved to new address

Happy birthday little Holga...

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
For the easily distracted...: Happy birthday little Holga...

This Page

has been moved to new address

Happy birthday little Holga...

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
For the easily distracted...: Happy birthday little Holga...

Wednesday, 7 July 2010

Happy birthday little Holga...


So its been a year and a couple of days since my little Helga the Holga arrived in the post from Hong Kong.

Needless to say, this camera has changed my life.

Its funny how a few pieces of plastic can have such a dramatic affect on your life but its true. Without this camera my love for 35mm film would not have been reignited, I wouldn't have started a rather large collection of cameras, I never would have opened my shop and I definitely wouldn't have had so many people interested in reading about my camera adventures.
(thanks you guys, you are amazing!)

My little holga is my go to camera, I love the colours, I love the sound of the shutter, I love waiting for the photos to be developed, I love its accidents and its surprises and I honestly can't imagine travelling anywhere without it.

I was planning on celebrating my little holga this week but I have so many posts to catch up on and I'm still recovering from the evil wisdom tooth... so my holga week is going to be next week!

I'm hugely excited about it and you definitely should be too!

p.s. If you havent been around long, you should definitely have a look at my holga posts, you'll fall in love too!

Labels: , , ,

13 Comments:

Blogger nicole mountz said...

happy bday to your little holga love! i have missed your posts so much!! ive been away from computers and my life just isnt the same without all your beautiful photography! and boo for wisdom teeth but hopefully you're feeling better! love u!

7 July 2010 at 11:01  
Blogger Emily said...

I just ordered my Holga camera the other day and this post just reminded me how much I can't wait to start using it! :) Great photos love :)

7 July 2010 at 11:21  
Blogger Cassie said...

Happy birthday to Helga! It really must be wonderful if it brought such fantasticness (is it a word!) to your blog and life!

xx

7 July 2010 at 13:42  
Blogger Unknown said...

Happy birthday to Helga! lol You, of course, inspired my own Holga purchase, and I took my first two pictures on it this weekend!!! I can't wait to finish off a roll and get it all developed, and I'm sooooo excited about swapping!!!

- Lindsay

7 July 2010 at 14:58  
Blogger muchlove said...

aw this makes me really want a holga now! happy birthday to your awesome Helga ;)

7 July 2010 at 15:18  
Blogger Alyssa said...

could you be any cuter?! wishing your camera happy birthday is just lovely.

I hope you took a photo of a piece of cake in celebration?
xx

7 July 2010 at 16:27  
Blogger jenny stardust said...

i love my holga too! YAY for holgas!!

7 July 2010 at 17:17  
Blogger Unknown said...

Happy Birthday Helga! I'm so glad you found her.

7 July 2010 at 17:25  
Blogger AmyK said...

You're kidding! It's been a year already?! Whoa! Hard to believe!

7 July 2010 at 17:39  
Anonymous GeeGee said...

I cant believe its been a year already - I'll send her a belated birthday card. Great post idea though!

7 July 2010 at 21:15  
Blogger Maddy said...

I ordered a Holga with my graduation money in May and failed at developing the first roll.. I'm on my second but don't want to waste photos and I just want to see how they'll come out already!!

love this idea!

8 July 2010 at 00:57  
Blogger Miles Of Style said...

just stumbled upon your blog and i have to say its GORGEOUS!

do drop by mine too when you have some time. perhaps we can follow each other. =)

Persis.
http://onestylemile.blogspot.com/

8 July 2010 at 09:55  
Blogger Diana said...

yay! congrats to your love for holga. it's a crazy love affair after first use!

15 July 2010 at 04:54  

Post a Comment

I love love love getting comments! Have a wonderful day and thanks for reading.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home