This Page

has been moved to new address

Woohooo!!!

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
For the easily distracted...: Woohooo!!!

This Page

has been moved to new address

Woohooo!!!

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
For the easily distracted...: Woohooo!!!

Tuesday, 15 December 2009

Woohooo!!!

First I just have to say that Boyfriend is a legend! He managed to find the one thing I have been searching for for months... a polaroid camera in a charity shop for under £5!!!

(please excuse my cosy hoody and messy hair :D)

He earned some serious brownie points when he surprised me with this baby!! (though he already maxed out the counter ages ago)

Now here begins the great poloroid film debate in my head - is it really worth spending £20 on a pack of 10 photos? What if I mess them up? Can I afford them?

I know deep down I want them - as much as I wanted the camera in the first place but my sensible side is crying at £2 a photo!

Labels: , ,

38 Comments:

Blogger Shokoofeh said...

Haha it was cute! :) but do it please! Can't wait to see your Polaroids!!

xo

15 December 2009 at 10:28  
Blogger *donna* said...

i have the same debate with myself more or less on a daily basis.

polaroids, as everyone is aware, are BEAUTIFUL, but i am by no means an accomplished photographer and many of my attemps are likely to be pretty rubbish......

so do i spend the money, in hope of taking a few amazing shots???

i don't know. i'm afraid i'm just as confused as you are on this one :0(

15 December 2009 at 10:33  
Blogger Jenni said...

You are so funny with that photo. Loves it. Congratulations on getting the polaroid. I still don't have one, but I don't really want one that bad because I feel the same way you do with the cost/photo. Ek! Anyways - I can't wait to see the photos you produce, I know they are going to be fabulous!

15 December 2009 at 10:50  
Blogger Sara Luxe said...

its worth it - believe me
x

15 December 2009 at 10:57  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I say go for it!

15 December 2009 at 12:01  
Blogger muchlove said...

woot!! congrats on the new camera!
well now that you have the camera, of course you should get the film ;) I've been really careful with my polaroid film (I have only 1 left in the camera!), but it's so worth it.

15 December 2009 at 12:14  
Blogger AbbieBabble said...

Wow! So cool!
I say, why not buy one role of film, and see how it works. If it's a disaster, you've wasted some money but not a huge amount.

15 December 2009 at 12:20  
Blogger aaaa said...

it's great to see you have one finally Rhianne :) please do get the film and start taking pics :) that's how i want to see you :)

love.xoxo

15 December 2009 at 12:58  
Blogger Adele said...

erm, considering that thomas managed to score that baby at only 5freakinquid. It sorts offsets the cost of film! well..at least for a few packs (: don't worry, i've messed up a few polariods since...and everytime i kill myself over it. but then u get over it and continue shooting (: xx

15 December 2009 at 13:06  
Blogger boots said...

dilemma of my life girly!

15 December 2009 at 13:33  
Blogger Yelena R. said...

Yay! So cool! Hmm, that is pretty expensive per picture, but maybe if you conserve the film, it will be fine?

15 December 2009 at 13:52  
Blogger Farah said...

omg first off totally jealous of the Polaroid. Second, that is ridiculously expensive for film! But it's gona be worth it, you will take excellent shots as usual! =)

15 December 2009 at 14:04  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

the camera is cute but it sounds a little costly!

15 December 2009 at 14:18  
Blogger M.M.E. said...

Wow, that didn't take you long to get a new camera! Haha. Now we're both thrift store camera owners. Yes, that is quite a bit for film. I'd say buy one pack and see what you think.

15 December 2009 at 14:39  
Blogger M.M.E. said...

I'd also ask around to see if your family and friends have unused polaroid film. I know quite a few people who say they have some but don't know what to do with it. One photographer I know says her father still has 8.5" x 11" polaroid film paper. Now THAT would be cool to shoot.

15 December 2009 at 14:46  
Blogger Same New Story said...

yayy!! ugh i know how you feel though! Scott was going to get me one for christmas but we looked up the price of the film and it made us think twice... why oh whyyy?

15 December 2009 at 15:05  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, I am jealous! I say go for it!

15 December 2009 at 15:12  
Blogger Teach.Workout.Love said...

Awesome!! Go boyfriend!!!!!!!!!

15 December 2009 at 15:51  
Blogger Belen said...

That's awesome, Rhianne. We still have our family's polaroid camera as well. :)

We had one at work to take pictures of each of us workers to decorate our cubbies/pouches with, and my boss accidentally dropped it into the bucket of sanitizer water. And goodbye it went. :/ And even though it's broken and hasn't been used in probably 3 years, we still have it (in fact, for some reason it's stuffed away in our first-aid kid, hahaha). I'm thinking of taking it home and trying to fix it. Do you think it's possible?

15 December 2009 at 15:58  
Blogger Carrie said...

Aw yay! So glad you got one!

And I say go for the film! You only live once, so live well. ;)

It's at least worth a shot, and there's really not a way to mess up a polaroid picture. :)

Can't wait to see your photos!

15 December 2009 at 16:33  
Blogger _ffyona said...

Ain't that sweet of him! Nice going, now i am waiting to see your gorgeous shots!

15 December 2009 at 17:24  
Blogger JacPfef said...

So exciting!!! I know exactly what you mean about the film. I got my polaroid camera about 4 months ago and I still haven't had the heart to spend money on the film. I search amazon weekly for good deals!

15 December 2009 at 17:25  
Blogger Shelley said...

yay! love that camera, it's rad!

i am having the same quandary as you... got the camera... now what? a rather expensive hobby, isn't it?!? i'm still on the lookout for a camera that uses the more widely available 600 film...

15 December 2009 at 17:27  
Blogger Micaela said...

go for it most def! :)

i so want one... your boyfriend is legend! xoxoxo

15 December 2009 at 17:35  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh man lady i hear you. 2 bones for a picture is screaming "i'm taking your house your car and your unborn children!" haha good luck on the debate. they are awesome photos but the cost is a little intense!

15 December 2009 at 17:40  
Blogger Anna said...

how exciting! i know the film is SO expensive...but every once in a while it's so worth the splurge! have fun taking lovely photos ;)

15 December 2009 at 18:36  
Blogger Lyndsay Almeida said...

yay! i love poloroids!!!

15 December 2009 at 19:21  
Blogger evelyn said...

Lucky!! :D

15 December 2009 at 19:24  
Anonymous Marisa said...

i cringe everytime i place an order for my polaroid but it is so worth it..
how great is boyfriend?

15 December 2009 at 20:57  
Blogger Unknown said...

How exciting!! I'd *love* to see your polaroids, so my vote is GO FOR IT! xo.

15 December 2009 at 21:19  
Blogger katie hanson said...

OH my gosh, I am so jealous! I have been looking for one here in a thrift shop for ages and have found NOTHING! I can't wait to see what great shots you come up with! OH, and how about ebay or something similiar for the film?

15 December 2009 at 21:39  
Blogger Sarah D said...

Sounds like a perfect Sunday for me :D
seneng deh bacanya hehe

15 December 2009 at 21:54  
Blogger Sarah D said...

Uh-oh I posted a wrong comment before :p
Polaroid! I look forward to see the pics :D How lucky

15 December 2009 at 21:55  
Anonymous geegee said...

ok, so I'll keep an eye out for you :) a reeeeeeeeeeeeeeally early birthday present? x

15 December 2009 at 22:24  
Blogger Elizabeth Marie said...

OMG what a sweetheart!!!!

Sensible..boo. LOL

16 December 2009 at 00:37  
Blogger trishie said...

That's fantastic...what a great buy!

16 December 2009 at 01:43  
Blogger BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

WOW, he is a legend. I'm so jealous of Meg. She bought one for her wedding and still has film!

17 December 2009 at 05:52  
Blogger Diana said...

This is great! Congrats on being an owner!

I think it's totally worth it, and you can always take advantage of sales online, too.

Amazing!

21 December 2009 at 06:00  

Post a Comment

I love love love getting comments! Have a wonderful day and thanks for reading.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home