This Page

has been moved to new address

12 for 2012 - Camera 4

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
For the easily distracted...: 12 for 2012 - Camera 4

This Page

has been moved to new address

12 for 2012 - Camera 4

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
For the easily distracted...: 12 for 2012 - Camera 4

Tuesday, 29 May 2012

12 for 2012 - Camera 4

As part of my 'take more photos' goal for this year - I decided that I wanted to use more of the cameras that I haven't actually used before in my collection.

Yes, I might have missed a camera in April... we'll ignore that :) I can do two next month perhaps?
 Also, it's ok because this camera (and its results) are exciting!!!

340 Land

I've actually had this camera - a polaroid automatic 340 land camera - for a while now (perhaps a year, maybe more) and I'm now feeling like I've wasted the time that I've had with it as I love it so much already!

I've really struggled with polaroids in the past and I've never been able to find that micarulous balance with the Impossible Project film that others seem to find so beautifully. But finally I've found a polaroid that works for me and it works incredibly well!!

fuji 3000 1
Apart from when I haven't checked that the battery is properly plugged in... oops. I was a little upset with this first picture but luckily, it was just the battery that was the problem and...

fuji 3000 2
Ta da! A photo is born!
{Please ignore our crazy long grass, annoyingly our landlord mowed it that afternoon after I'd taken this photo. I still love our garden though. And our washing line!}

fuji 3000 3

I'm so impressed with the focus on this camera - it has a rangefinder focus, which I've never used before but I loved. I also love the contrast that comes with the Fuji FB-3000B film, I was a little wary of the 3000 ISO but this film is blowing my mind! I've ordered some colour film too (I'm weak, I have a film problem) and I can't wait to see how those look when I use it now too.

fuji 3000 4

 I even attempted a double exposure with this camera but I seriously underestimated how sunny it actually was at the weekend and it came out very overexposed, I am thrilled that it worked though and now I know what to do for next time...

Camera: Polaroid Automatic 340 Land Camera
Film: Fujifilm FP-3000B
Location: Leeds

You can see the other cameras that I've used this year here.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

15 Comments:

Anonymous antonella said...

Brava Rhianne!
I love these photos, all of them! And I like this idea of dedicating each month to a camera! I'm thinking of doing something similar... the day I'll have twelve cameras in my collection!

29 May 2012 at 15:34  
Blogger Andi of My Beautiful Adventures said...

What an awesome camera to have!!!!

29 May 2012 at 15:42  
Blogger Rhianne said...

thank you :) I thought it was a great way to make myself use cameras that I perhaps would have left on a shelf before... I actually have even more cameras to try than I did in January - I have a problem :)

29 May 2012 at 16:18  
Blogger Rhianne said...

I still can't believe that I have it and that I used it lol. thanks Andi :)

29 May 2012 at 16:20  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

YAY!!!!!!!

29 May 2012 at 20:05  
Blogger Rhianne said...

YEAY!!! I'm still so excited :)

29 May 2012 at 20:49  
Blogger Magali Vaz said...

I need to try some of this 3000iso bw awesomeness, I only ordered a big bunch of color film. Your results are gorgeous! I've never attempted a double exposure before & should.

29 May 2012 at 22:48  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a camera and what gorgeous photos. I am thoroughly enjoying your photo blog in general, now I am taking more photos. I think I may adopt your idea of dedicating a month to each camera - giving full credit of course! Meg

29 May 2012 at 23:43  
Blogger elle :: dare my wild heart said...

These are great Rhianne!!

30 May 2012 at 08:39  
Blogger Rhianne said...

I seem to have a new fondness for black and white, its really great, you should get some. the double was easy, you just don't pull the exposure out but do be careful with the light, that film is pretty sensitive, I bet it would work better with the colour!

30 May 2012 at 08:44  
Blogger Rhianne said...

hurray, definitely do it Meg, especially if you have them and don't use them often, I felt bad that mine were just sitting around to be honest, especially if they work like this one did. And hurray for taking more photos too :)

30 May 2012 at 08:45  
Blogger Rhianne said...

Thanks Elle, I'm glad you think so :)

30 May 2012 at 08:45  
Blogger Jodie said...

Such beautiful shots..makes me want to experiment with B&W more!

31 May 2012 at 15:59  
Blogger Rhianne said...

I am a B&W convert I have to say, I love the results you get with it and how soft they always look, definitely experiment I say :)

31 May 2012 at 16:02  
Blogger Laura said...

These are amazing! So good you got good results. I too have this camera (thanks to adeline!) but havent used it yet as am worried about how to fit batteries (i'm not very technical!) did you buy a new one for yours? x

31 May 2012 at 22:39  

Post a Comment

I love love love getting comments! Have a wonderful day and thanks for reading.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home